Thread poster: DLyons
DLyons
DLyons  Identity Verified
Ireland
Local time: 10:08
Spanish to English
+ ...
May 22, 2015

From a French source text. So my 80% match is "Genetically modified maize (Zea mays L.)". Closely followed by "President of the medical Association of Zimbabwe, Dr X, read:" and "This Regulation shall enter into force on the 20th day following its publication in the Official Journal of the European Union."

But people ask for fuzzy match discounts - Go Figure!

Maxi Schwarz
Maxi Schwarz  Identity Verified
Local time: 05:08
German to English
+ ...
admittedly lost May 23, 2015

I did not understand the post. I tried reading the post, thinking that the point had to do with the idea that reading was the most important element of education. Then I read the post, and tried to rethink what the title might mean. Can you explain further?

DLyons
Ireland
Spanish to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Sorry -( May 23, 2015

My Trados source segment had one word - the French word "lire" (to read/reading). Pretty obvious how that should be translated in the context of a primary school.

What came back were the three 80% matches that I posted. Only one of them even contained the word and none were of even the vaguest relevance.

I just thought it was funny!

Jennifer Levey
Jennifer Levey  Identity Verified
Chile
Local time: 07:08
Spanish to English
+ ...
Sic transit ... May 23, 2015

Hmm... 'sick', more like!
I refer to your cat, DL, not you. Have you called a vet? I think you should ...

DLyons
Ireland
Spanish to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
On the bright side May 23, 2015

Robin Levey wrote:

Hmm... 'sick', more like!
I refer to your cat, DL, not you. Have you called a vet? I think you should ...

It could have been a lot worse if they were subtle, easily missed, errors. Give me "glaring" every time in this context

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

The key role of the school is to learn how to "Lire"

Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »
Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »