Fuzzy matches not being highlighted correctly on new install?
Thread poster: David Jessop
David Jessop
David Jessop  Identity Verified
Laos
Spanish to English
+ ...
Jun 18, 2017

TIS2

TIS1

As you can see from the screenshots, fuzzy matches are not being shown properly. Instead of saying 78% in the concordance box, the text that is not the same as in the TM text should be highlighted. You can see in the editor that the fuzzy is not a 100% match. Rather frustrating as this feature is one of Studio's main useful functionalities for me!

This is a new install of Studio 2009 on a new computer. I have installed Studio 2009 on several computers over the years and never had this issue. Anyone know how I can fix this? I imagine it's as simple as a click of a dialogue box but cannot see to find where.

Thanks.

David

[Edited at 2017-06-18 09:07 GMT]

David Jessop
David Jessop  Identity Verified
Laos
Spanish to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Tried toggling "Differences option" and still no dice Jun 19, 2017

Screen Shot 2017-06-19 at 09.26.31

As you can see from this picture, the "Differences Option" is enabled. I went a step further and toggled it off, restarted Studio, toggled it on again, restarted Studio again, and still no success...

Anyone?

Stepan Konev
Stepan Konev  Identity Verified
Russian Federation
Local time: 20:12
English to Russian
Try the next line (Concordance Search Window) Jun 19, 2017

You mentioned the concordance feature in your post. Then why not try to fiddle with the Concordance Search Window options? Is the highlight color yellow in there?

UPD: Forget the two lines above.
Here I found more relevant information from Walter Blaser and Emma Goldsmith.
... See more
You mentioned the concordance feature in your post. Then why not try to fiddle with the Concordance Search Window options? Is the highlight color yellow in there?

UPD: Forget the two lines above.
Here I found more relevant information from Walter Blaser and Emma Goldsmith.
Maybe this is your case:
http://www.proz.com/forum/sdl_trados_support/179395-translation_differences_in_trados_studio.html

[Edited at 2017-06-19 17:14 GMT]
Collapse

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Fuzzy matches not being highlighted correctly on new install?

Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »
Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »