ALT shortcuts faulty in SDL Trados Studio 2014
Thread poster: dstranslations
dstranslations
dstranslations
Local time: 11:55
German to English
+ ...
Aug 22, 2017

Dear all, I've recently had a problem using the ALT shortcuts in Studio 2014: When I try ALT + 0147 it simply overwrites my English translation of a segment with the German source rather than inserting curly speech marks as it should. When I try the same shortcut in Word 2010 without Studio, I get the error message "SDL Translator's Workbench is not running". (I still have SDL Trados 2007 including Workbench installed on my PC although I haven't used Workbench for years, but I've never had any c... See more
Dear all, I've recently had a problem using the ALT shortcuts in Studio 2014: When I try ALT + 0147 it simply overwrites my English translation of a segment with the German source rather than inserting curly speech marks as it should. When I try the same shortcut in Word 2010 without Studio, I get the error message "SDL Translator's Workbench is not running". (I still have SDL Trados 2007 including Workbench installed on my PC although I haven't used Workbench for years, but I've never had any compatibility issues in the past). My operating system is Windows 7. I tried uninstalling and reinstalling Office 2010 yesterday but I still have the same problem. Any idea what it might be or if it's possible to reset the shortcuts/Studio settings to default? Apart from this Studio works fine. Many thanks in advance for any suggestions.Collapse

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

ALT shortcuts faulty in SDL Trados Studio 2014

Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »
Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »