Some of these cookies are essential to the operation of the site,
while others help to improve your experience by providing insights into how the site is being used.
How are you dealing with the realities of this challenging worldwide economy? Are you struggling to find clients? Are your clients constantly asking you to lower your rates? How much thought have you given to the following questions?
• What is unique and compelling about YOU?
• What is the VALUE you can offer your clients?
• Are you in control of your translation career?
• Are you getting paid what you are worth?
To stay competitive in today's fierce marketplace, professionals, executives and business owners must cultivate their own personal brand. Translators are no exception. The translation industry is overcrowded. To succeed today and be in control of your business and your career as a professional translator you need more than credentials, experience and tools. The key to success and achieving your goals is to differentiate yourself through a strong brand. You need to sell to the world your unique promise of value. Otherwise, you will compete just on the basis of price.
This one-hour keynote presentation will cover the following topics:
• Understand what a brand is and is not; distill some myths about branding.
• Learn about "personal branding"—what it is, why it came about and, why everybody needs to think of themselves as a personal brand.
• Recognize the importance of a personal brand.
• Learn the key steps in building a personal brand.
This 1-hour presentation is for professional translators with a formal education in translation and/or already working as translators or for small translation agency owners. This presentation is NOT intended for inexperienced translators or for those who do not have any formal education in translation.
The presentation will be very interactive and will encourage the participation of all attendees.