ProZ.com press releases
Go back to press releases »
WORDFAST UNVEILS WORDFAST 6.0
WORDFAST UNVEILS WORDFAST 6.0
The World’s #1 Platform-Independent Translation Memory Software
Debuts New Release During the 49th Annual American Translators Association Conference
WASHINGTON, DC & PARIS, November 5, 2008 –
· Addressing the requirements of multinational corporations, language service providers and individual translators, Wordfast today announced the launch of Wordfast 6.0.
· The new software application will be officially unveiled today in Orlando, Florida at the 2008 American Translators Association (ATA) Annual Conference.
· Conference attendees and existing Wordfast customers will have the opportunity to take home a full-featured pre-release version of Wordfast 6.0.
· With over 15,000 licenses in active use, Wordfast is the second most widely used translation memory tool and the #1 platform-independent tool on the market.
New Release Benefits Translators, LSPs, and Corporate Localization Teams
Translators purchasing Wordfast 6.0 will benefit from:
· The ability to work in a stand-alone, platform-independent, java-based editing environment (while maintaining the option of using the MS Word-based Wordfast Classic).
· An intuitive and customizable user-interface featuring the ability to toggle between table and document translating views.
· An accelerated learning curve, made faster by the option of selecting pre-configured “short cut” key mappings for all major TM systems.
· An unfettered ability to simultaneously link to multiple TMs (local and remote) and glossaries.
· The industry’s independently ranked #1 translation memory system for usability, learnability, customer support, and value for your investment.
Language Service Providers/Translations Agencies purchasing Wordfast 6.0 will benefit from:
· Greater file format support (including DOC, PPT, XLS, HTML, XML, ASP, JSP, and INX).
· Improved batch analysis, translate and cleanup functionality.
· More control with a new TM Administration utility (available as a separate module).
Corporations purchasing Wordfast 6.0 will benefit from:
· Enhanced support for real-time collaboration with server-based TM integration.
· Industry leading lookup speed, optimized for batch processing.
· Integration with industry leading translation workflow solutions and server-based TM products such as Translations.com’s GlobalLink Product Suite and Alchemy’s Software Language Exchange.
Wordfast’s Director of Sales & Marketing, Kristyna Marrero, stated, “We created Wordfast 6.0 to give users more flexibility in selecting their TM environment. Now, translators can select either our classic Microsoft Word-based interface or our new stand-alone environment based on their preferences and the needs of their projects. We are thrilled to have the opportunity to introduce Wordfast 6.0 to the translation community at the ATA conference.”
· For more information about Wordfast 6.0, the next-generation platform-independent TM system:
· For more information about how Wordfast compared with another leading TM tool in independent research tests on eight key buying criteria:
· To buy Wordfast, and to receive both Wordfast Classic (5.5) and the new Wordfast 6.0 for one special pre-release price:
Free Pre-Release Version Available
ATA conference attendees may visit Wordfast at booth #65 to speak to a representative about Wordfast 6.0. Alternatively, interested parties may download a free pre-release version of Wordfast 6.0 here:
Wordfast 6.0 Launch Party
All ATA attendees are invited to celebrate the release of Wordfast 6.0 with the Wordfast team at the House of Blues in Orlando on Thursday, November 6, 7:30 to 10:00 PM. The party will feature music, an open bar, and a buffet dinner. A shuttle bus will be provided to transport guests from the hotel to the venue. The address is:
House of Blues Orlando
1490 E. Buena Vista Drive
Lake Buena Vista, FL 32830
Wordfast LLC is the world's second largest provider of translation memory software solutions. The company currently has over 15,000 active customer deployments in the marketplace. Driven primarily by the positive reviews of users and industry experts, Wordfast's client base has grown to include the United Nations, NASA, McGraw-Hill, Nomura Securities, a wide array of educational institutions, and thousands of freelance linguists. For more information, please visit www.wordfast.com.
1300 Eye Street NW, Suite 900
Washington DC, 20005