Thread poster: Christy Wyatt (X)
Christy Wyatt (X)
Christy Wyatt (X)  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 04:57
French to English
Aug 3, 2018

Hi,
I am trying to install Across Basic Edition inside a VDI (virtual desktop) and am getting an error message :

"Across detected an invalid Translator Edition environment and could not repair it. If you are sure you do not need your previous Translator Edition data, you can delete the environment and create a new one. Otherwise, please contact the Across support desk for assistance.
Do you want to delete the environment and create a new one?"

I do not under
... See more
Hi,
I am trying to install Across Basic Edition inside a VDI (virtual desktop) and am getting an error message :

"Across detected an invalid Translator Edition environment and could not repair it. If you are sure you do not need your previous Translator Edition data, you can delete the environment and create a new one. Otherwise, please contact the Across support desk for assistance.
Do you want to delete the environment and create a new one?"

I do not understand as I have never had Across on this computer before. When I click "yes," nothing happens. The error message just keeps re-appearing. When I click "no," the message disappears and the application just closes.

I would be surprised if any of you has seen this or can provide a solution, but has anyone used Across inside a VDI or do you know a way to contact their help desk via email instead of by phone? I am in the US and it would be an international phone call.

Thank you!
Collapse

Vorchuchelo
Vorchuchelo
Russian Federation
Hope it will help you Aug 13, 2018

https://www.my-across.net/en/support/request/

Chantal Keable
Chantal Keable  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 04:57
English to French
Same Issue Jan 11, 2021

I just installed v7 of Across, and I am getting that same error message about having an "invalid Translator Edition environment". The buttons say yes to repair it. It does nothing. And error message keeps coming back. If you click no, the application closes.

Anyone else had this problem and know how to fix it. Across support is practically non existent. I really don't like this CAT tool. I ALWAYS have problems with it. Unfortunately, one client (pretty big, John Deere) uses it. So,
... See more
I just installed v7 of Across, and I am getting that same error message about having an "invalid Translator Edition environment". The buttons say yes to repair it. It does nothing. And error message keeps coming back. If you click no, the application closes.

Anyone else had this problem and know how to fix it. Across support is practically non existent. I really don't like this CAT tool. I ALWAYS have problems with it. Unfortunately, one client (pretty big, John Deere) uses it. So, I am stuck with it for the time being.

Any help on fixing this issue would be greatly appreciated.
Collapse

Vorchuchelo
Vorchuchelo
Russian Federation
Across Support Jan 11, 2021

Across Support is usually quite friendly and helpful, although it may take some time during Christmas. What makes you think that there is no support?

Prospero-loc
Prospero-loc
Local time: 10:57
What is the solution to this issue? Jul 1, 2022

Hi,

How did you solved this issue it's quite frustrating?

Thanks!

Possible solution Nov 19, 2022

Across uses Microsoft SQL and so the database it creates follows the password requirements set by group policies.
If you are part of a domain that has password complexity requirements set or a certain length requirement "probably more than 8 characters" then you will be affected by this issue, to verify this check the following log:
C:\Users\%username%\AppData\Roaming\Across\Log\across.log
for any line like
[Microsoft SQL Server Native Client 11.0] Password vali
... See more
Across uses Microsoft SQL and so the database it creates follows the password requirements set by group policies.
If you are part of a domain that has password complexity requirements set or a certain length requirement "probably more than 8 characters" then you will be affected by this issue, to verify this check the following log:
C:\Users\%username%\AppData\Roaming\Across\Log\across.log
for any line like
[Microsoft SQL Server Native Client 11.0] Password validation failed. The password does not meet Windows policy requirements because it is too short.

In that case, your domain policies will need to be changed under
Computer Configuration\Policies\Windows Settings\Security Settings\Account Policies\Password Policy

• minimum password length > reduce to 8 or 6 at most

and maybe

• Password must meet complexity requirements > Disabled or undefined

Collapse

Platary (X)
Platary (X)
Local time: 10:57
German to French
+ ...
Command prompt and Registry Editor Nov 19, 2022

I discover this already old thread and see that no solution has been found or proposed. Across support is usually very efficient, but let's assume that no answer has been given to this important question.
Across is based on a databases system and any imperfection can compromise the whole system, making it fragile if an operation has gone wrong. Repairing Across, CodeMeter or MS SQL Express LocalDB installations via the Control Panel can sometimes be sufficient, but unfortunately not alway
... See more
I discover this already old thread and see that no solution has been found or proposed. Across support is usually very efficient, but let's assume that no answer has been given to this important question.
Across is based on a databases system and any imperfection can compromise the whole system, making it fragile if an operation has gone wrong. Repairing Across, CodeMeter or MS SQL Express LocalDB installations via the Control Panel can sometimes be sufficient, but unfortunately not always.
It remains to go through the command prompt and the registry editor. This means that not all Windows users are able to do this. But before uninstall everything cleanly and start all over again (with the possible subsequent licensing problems), it is worth a try.

Run the command prompt as an administrator and type the following commands:

- sqllocaldb info (existing databases are displayed, including across)
- sqllocaldb stop across
- sqllocaldb delete across

In the Windows Explorer address bar, type:

- %appadata%\Across\databases

Delete everything except the files referring to CrossMarket.

In the registry editor, now go to Hkey_Current_User\Software\Across

and delete all CAPs and WanCaps sub-folders (only the sub-folders, not these two folders)

Normally Across will then restart normally and you may need to reactivate your licence.

It sounds very complicated, but it is actually very simple to implement... good luck!
Collapse

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Invalid Translator Edition Environment

Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »
TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »