v7.0 navigating multiple tasks in crossDesk.
Thread poster: Peter Zauner
Peter Zauner
Peter Zauner  Identity Verified
Australia
Local time: 21:28
Member (2010)
German to English
+ ...

Moderator of this forum
May 16, 2020

Hi all,

this should be really simple.
I have opened multiple (i.e. two) tasks and I can’t figure out how to navigate between them in crossDesk.

Help tells me that “Each document has a separate header that displays the document information” but I can see only one header that also says “Document 1 of 2” in the top right corner.
I can see both documents’ structures in the crossView window, I can open source and target previews for both document.... See more
Hi all,

this should be really simple.
I have opened multiple (i.e. two) tasks and I can’t figure out how to navigate between them in crossDesk.

Help tells me that “Each document has a separate header that displays the document information” but I can see only one header that also says “Document 1 of 2” in the top right corner.
I can see both documents’ structures in the crossView window, I can open source and target previews for both document.
How do I navigate to document 2 to edit it?
What am I missing?

Thank you,

Peter

[Edited at 2020-05-17 11:24 GMT]
Collapse

AAV
AAV
Local time: 18:28
Just scroll down or select second document in the tree Jun 25, 2020

Hi, most likely the answer has been already found.
But in case someone else is puzzled I want to leave answer here - just scroll until the header of the second document shows up, or select paragraph which belongs to second document in the crossView tree.
Two documents look as is was one merged from those two consequently.

Hope this helps!
Almara

Peter Zauner
Australia
Member (2010)
German to English
+ ...

Moderator of this forum
TOPIC STARTER
Thank you, Alamara Jul 2, 2020

You are, of course, correct. I had tried this with two very long tasks and must have gotten lost scrolling so that I didn't see the header of the second document.

Peter

Vorchuchelo
Vorchuchelo
Russian Federation
Shortcuts navigation Jul 2, 2020

As it was already mentioned by Almara, it is possible to navigate between documents in the navigation tree.
Another trick is to use shortcut "Ctrl+G" and navigate to a paragraph number "1". In case of multiple documents opened, the first paragraph (in the next document after the current one) is selected.

Peter Zauner
Australia
Member (2010)
German to English
+ ...

Moderator of this forum
TOPIC STARTER
Brilliant, Vorchuchelo Jul 2, 2020

thank you. I didn't know this.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

v7.0 navigating multiple tasks in crossDesk.

CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »
TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »