Thread poster: Brandis (X)
Brandis (X)
Brandis (X)
Local time: 15:38
English to German
+ ...
Nov 2, 2009

Hi!

Lately I have recd. a .pdf finished on mac OS and I am not able to take a good OCR. All good working solutions are welcomed. The file is available on the screen using some native fonts I think. I am considering taking a print and take a new scan and do OCR, but the outsourcer is not reacting. I am using windows XP SP2 . If there is a way to convert a 7 bit ascii to 8 bit ascii fitting windows system, that could be one solution. If you know any such conversion tools, please help
... See more
Hi!

Lately I have recd. a .pdf finished on mac OS and I am not able to take a good OCR. All good working solutions are welcomed. The file is available on the screen using some native fonts I think. I am considering taking a print and take a new scan and do OCR, but the outsourcer is not reacting. I am using windows XP SP2 . If there is a way to convert a 7 bit ascii to 8 bit ascii fitting windows system, that could be one solution. If you know any such conversion tools, please help me. Brandis

[Edited at 2009-11-02 07:43 GMT]
Collapse

Fernando Toledo
Fernando Toledo  Identity Verified
Spain
Local time: 15:38
German to Spanish
I don't understand Nov 2, 2009

Brandis wrote:

Hi!

Lately I have recd. a .pdf finished on mac OS and I am not able to take a good OCR.

... what you mean, but I suppose you have a text PDF made in a Mac and you can not extract the text from it, right?

Cause for OCR (Optical Character Recognition) it is irrelevant where the PDF was made.

Well, I hear during a presentation that MemoQ can extract text from this kind of Mac's PDF better than other tools.

Maybe you try with it!

Regards

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

file .pdf generated in mac OS ... troubles

CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »
Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »