Wordfast Pro 2.3 for mac released
Thread poster: Kristyna Marrero
Kristyna Marrero
Kristyna Marrero  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 08:20
Mar 27, 2010

Hi,

Wordfast Pro 2.3 for mac is now available for download from our website here - http://www.wordfast.com/store_download.html

New features include:

- MIF and TTX support
- Machine Translation Integration
- User-Defined segmentation
- TM Administration module to view and edit TMs*
*Feature is not present in the free demo version.
... See more
Hi,

Wordfast Pro 2.3 for mac is now available for download from our website here - http://www.wordfast.com/store_download.html

New features include:

- MIF and TTX support
- Machine Translation Integration
- User-Defined segmentation
- TM Administration module to view and edit TMs*
*Feature is not present in the free demo version. Available with the purchase of a license only.

This version also fixes the previous licensing issue where Wordfast reverted to demo mode. You may need to request a new license one more time after you install version 2.3.

If you are an existing Wordfast Classic license holder, you can get Wordfast Pro for free. Just follow the steps here to retrieve your license - http://www.wordfast.com/support_relicensewfp.html

Thank you for your continued support.

Sincerely,

Kristyna Marrero
Collapse

Diana Cossato (X)
Diana Cossato (X)  Identity Verified
Belgium
Local time: 14:20
Hungarian to Italian
+ ...
Does this actually work? If so, how? Apr 10, 2010

Dear Kristyna,

I have downloaded a previous version of Wordfast Pro for Mac many months ago, but couldn't get it to work, so, much to my dissatisfaction, I settled for Worfast Pro for Windows running under Parallels.

I now gave the new version a try, but the result is the same. It is very possible that I'm doing something wrong. Can you (or anybody) advise? What I do is launch wordfast and then try to open a txml file, but nothing shows up. In the right-hand column it s
... See more
Dear Kristyna,

I have downloaded a previous version of Wordfast Pro for Mac many months ago, but couldn't get it to work, so, much to my dissatisfaction, I settled for Worfast Pro for Windows running under Parallels.

I now gave the new version a try, but the result is the same. It is very possible that I'm doing something wrong. Can you (or anybody) advise? What I do is launch wordfast and then try to open a txml file, but nothing shows up. In the right-hand column it says "an outline is not available". The file doesn't look open to me. The same procedure seems to work under windows. Any ideas? I'm running mac os x 10.4.11.

Thanks,

Diana
Collapse

pcovs
pcovs
Denmark
English to Danish
It does work Apr 11, 2010

I installed Wordfast Pro on my Mac about over one year ago, and I have recently installed the 2.3 version - no problems whatsoever.

You are absolutely certain you downloaded the correct version for Mac and not the Windows version?

Diana Cossato (X)
Belgium
Hungarian to Italian
+ ...
Yes, what do you do to open a txml file? Apr 11, 2010

Hi and thanks for your reply.

I am sure I have dowloaded the Mac version. Can you please describe the steps you take to open a txml file you receive for translation? I can do this under Parallels on the Windows version and I have no idea what I do wrong on the Mac side. Txml files should be cross-platform, right? There must be something that escapes me and I don't understand what it is.

pcovs
pcovs
Denmark
English to Danish
Weird. Apr 11, 2010

I simply save the file, I received for translation - open Wordfast Pro - click Open File - select the file I want and click Open.
This is exactly what I would do in Windows, so I really cannot see how this could go wrong for you.

No error messages while installing / after installation is completed?

I just remembered that if I try to open a file directly from the email it was attached to, I get what you get: nothing!!
Could this be it?

[Edited at 2010-
... See more
I simply save the file, I received for translation - open Wordfast Pro - click Open File - select the file I want and click Open.
This is exactly what I would do in Windows, so I really cannot see how this could go wrong for you.

No error messages while installing / after installation is completed?

I just remembered that if I try to open a file directly from the email it was attached to, I get what you get: nothing!!
Could this be it?

[Edited at 2010-04-11 15:00 GMT]
Collapse

Kristyna Marrero
Kristyna Marrero  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 08:20
TOPIC STARTER
Opening a TXML file inWordfast Pro Apr 13, 2010

Hi Diana,

As PCovs mentioned you can either go to file > open file or you can drag and drop the TXML in the outline view of the TXML editor. You cannot double click the TXML to open it on the mac version.

Let me know if this helps. If it does not, could you please email me the file?

Sincerely,

Kristyna

Diana Cossato (X)
Belgium
Hungarian to Italian
+ ...
Thanks, I'll check. Apr 18, 2010

Thank you both.

I apolologize for not reacting sooner, but I haven't had the time to experiment, I will do so as soon as possible and let you know the results. What you suggest sounds very much like what I did, but I'll try again, perhaps with different files.

I'll report soon.

Have a nice Sunday,

Diana

Bruno Scokaert
Bruno Scokaert  Identity Verified
Czech Republic
English to French
+ ...
Mac OS X version? Apr 26, 2010

Hi,

Just an idea... Could it be related to your version of Mac OS, where it would work better under Leopard (10.5 or 10.6)? If yes, it wouldn't help much, maybe, but at least you'd have some path to follow...

Good luck!

Julia Boerlin
Julia Boerlin  Identity Verified
Switzerland
German to Greek
+ ...
wordfast on a mac - what about office? Jul 17, 2010

Hi everybody, I'm thinking about switching to mac for some time now. Generally I would prefer to use the mac programm versions and not installing parallels and windows os on a mac.
I own a wordfast licence now for my windows laptop and I would like to go on working with wordfast.
Now, what about word? I heard that wordfast works only with microsoft word docs and not with the (otherwise compatible) open office doc. files.
Is that correct? (I tried open office and I liked it ver
... See more
Hi everybody, I'm thinking about switching to mac for some time now. Generally I would prefer to use the mac programm versions and not installing parallels and windows os on a mac.
I own a wordfast licence now for my windows laptop and I would like to go on working with wordfast.
Now, what about word? I heard that wordfast works only with microsoft word docs and not with the (otherwise compatible) open office doc. files.
Is that correct? (I tried open office and I liked it very much)
Which office suite do you use on a mac with wordfast? Is there an alternative compatible solution except word?

Thanks a lot,
Julia
Collapse

Yasmin Moslem
Yasmin Moslem  Identity Verified
Egypt
English to Arabic
WF Pro for Mac Jul 29, 2010

Dear Julia,

Julia Boerlin wrote:

Hi everybody, I'm thinking about switching to mac for some time now. Generally I would prefer to use the mac program versions and not installing parallels and windows os on a mac.

You can download and install the latest version of Wordfast Professional for Mac available at:
http://www.wordfast.com/store_download.html

You can install it directly on your Mac; it is a Mac program.

This small knowledge-base article describes how to install Wordfast Pro onto Mac:
http://www.wordfast.net/?kb=137-35

Julia Boerlin wrote:

Yes, you are entitled to install Wordfast on two machines you own and use yourself. You can watch this small video, describing Wordfast Pro licensing steps:
http://www.wordfast.com/wf_pro_license.htm

Julia Boerlin wrote:

Is that correct? (I tried open office and I liked it very much)

Open Office offers different choices to save your file as DOC. You have to select the latest format available, namely Microsoft Word 2000/XP DOC; so you should now be able to open the generated file in Wordfast Pro without any problem. Some users select older versions which cause them such problems. So, just make sure you select the correct option.

Julia Boerlin wrote:

Which office suite do you use on a mac with wordfast? Is there an alternative compatible solution except word?

You can use Wordfast Professional, the stand-alone application, which does not depend on MS Word or any other text editor at all.

As for Wordfast Classic, you need to have Word 2004 (or older versions). On the other hand, Wordfast Pro does not require any text editor.

I hope this helps. If you have any further questions, please let me know.

---
Best regards,
Yasmin Moslem

Wordfast Support Team
www.wordfast.com | www.wordfast.net

Julia Boerlin
Julia Boerlin  Identity Verified
Switzerland
German to Greek
+ ...
Thanks for your help! Jul 31, 2010

I didn't know that I was entitled to install Wordfast on two machines - I also checked Open office again - this time it worked fine - I had to install the new version.

thanks!

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Wordfast Pro 2.3 for mac released

Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »
Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »