Thread poster: tshandy9
tshandy9
tshandy9
France
Local time: 12:16
French to English
Apr 28, 2010

Hi.
Does anyone know if Catscradle (stormdance) works on Mac? I checked Stormdance's site and I can only see a Windows option. Tried various other Mac-friendly software purveyors but so far all I've got is a paw-print icon on my desktop. No instructions, nada!
Thanks in advance...

Fernando Toledo
Fernando Toledo  Identity Verified
Spain
German to Spanish
I found after... May 2, 2010

... 0,003 s this link. Maybe ii is what you are looking for?

http://www.macupdate.com/info.php/id/15983/catscradle

Regards

tshandy9
tshandy9
France
French to English
TOPIC STARTER
Alternative to Catscradle? May 6, 2010

Hi, I found this too but I can't get it to work on my Mac. Stormdance suggested I download Apple Bootcamp and/or Virtualbox. The latter is horribly complicated and I've now given up. Either I change to a pc (ugh!) or I find an alternative to catscradle. If anyone has suggestions...

In the meantime, thanks for taking the trouble to reply:-)

Fernando Toledo
Fernando Toledo  Identity Verified
Spain
German to Spanish
Well May 6, 2010

tshandy9 wrote:

Hi, I found this too but I can't get it to work on my Mac. Stormdance suggested I download Apple Bootcamp and/or Virtualbox. The latter is horribly complicated and I've now given up. Either I change to a pc (ugh!) or I find an alternative to catscradle. If anyone has suggestions...

In the meantime, thanks for taking the trouble to reply:-)

As I decided to change to Mac OSX I knew I have still to use Windows, cause of some applications. I run VMware Fusion with Windows XP for this applications. I think it is worth. So I have Mac Snow Leopard on Space 1 and Windows in Space 2. This way Windows (and the applications) are only "applications" in my Mac.

Regards

tshandy9
tshandy9
France
French to English
TOPIC STARTER
vm fusion user-friendly? May 6, 2010

Thanks Fernando!
A question: do you find VM Fusion user-friendly? I ask this because I signed up for a trial version to start with, but the software company doesn't like my email address and hasn't sent me the confirmation email I need for the licence number.

So I've downloaded a trial package which I'm unable to try. Apparently I have to buy before I try. It would be comforting to know if you find it straightforward to use before I commit.

Julie Dion (X)
Julie Dion (X)  Identity Verified
Canada
Local time: 06:16
English to French
Fusion is easy May 7, 2010

Fusion 3 is very user friendly. I installed Windows 7 x64 in a few minutes with it. Everything works flawlessly on my MacBook Pro (latest version).

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Catscradle for Mac?

Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »
Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »