Julia Mojik  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 00:08
Member (2007)
English to German
+ ...
May 1, 2010

Hi everybody,

I switched to Mac, which is very nice. However Mac doesn't seem to support some functions of Express Scribe like allocating hotkey functions.

Does anybody have experience with using Express Scribe on Mac and who solved this problem? If not it would be helpful to know which transcription programme is supported by Mac. I already searched several forums but I didn't find any answer yet. Since I had to buy a new computer yesterday due to a total breakdown of m
... See more
Hi everybody,

I switched to Mac, which is very nice. However Mac doesn't seem to support some functions of Express Scribe like allocating hotkey functions.

Does anybody have experience with using Express Scribe on Mac and who solved this problem? If not it would be helpful to know which transcription programme is supported by Mac. I already searched several forums but I didn't find any answer yet. Since I had to buy a new computer yesterday due to a total breakdown of my old PC I decided to spend my money on Mac. That's why I am kind of unprepared.

Thanks a lot for your help in advance.
Collapse

Laurent KRAULAND (X)
Laurent KRAULAND (X)  Identity Verified
France
French to German
+ ...
Set your preferences... May 2, 2010

Hi Julia,
I was rather surprised to read that a Mac would not support hot-key functions in Express Scribe. It does! You just have to set them in the Preferences bar.

[Edited at 2010-05-02 06:04 GMT]

Julia Mojik
Julia Mojik  Identity Verified
Germany
Member (2007)
English to German
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Set your preferences May 2, 2010

Dear Laurent,
thank you for your answer.

I have already tried to this over and over again. The point is that it doesn't show any pre-defined hot-keys at all. Every time I try to define a hot-key, it tells me to select one...which I do of course...but it doesn't allocate any changes apart from the fact that it doesn't have any pre-defined hot keys anyway. I already asked the Mac hotline if I have to change something in the settings of the computer and I already searched all ki
... See more
Dear Laurent,
thank you for your answer.

I have already tried to this over and over again. The point is that it doesn't show any pre-defined hot-keys at all. Every time I try to define a hot-key, it tells me to select one...which I do of course...but it doesn't allocate any changes apart from the fact that it doesn't have any pre-defined hot keys anyway. I already asked the Mac hotline if I have to change something in the settings of the computer and I already searched all kinds of forums. But...

Do you have skype Laurent. Maybe it is possible that you direct me through this process? Please, let me know what you think.

Thank you in advance for your answer.
Collapse

Fernando Toledo
Fernando Toledo  Identity Verified
Spain
German to Spanish
Hm May 2, 2010

I just install it and... It works.

Go to Preferences -Hot keys.

Clic Add

In the Pop-Up menu select a funtion, for example: Stop

Clic change

Press a Key combination.

It should appers in the list.

Regards

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Transcription software needed for MAC X OS Snow Leopard

TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »
Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »