Ingeborg Aalders
Ingeborg Aalders
Netherlands
Local time: 14:24
French to Dutch
+ ...
Jun 18, 2010

Hi all,

I've just migrated to Mac, and I'm quite happy with it.

I've spent the day installing VM ware, Windows 7 and Trados 2007 and everything went just fine. But now that I'm testing the software, I found out that the keyboaord shortcuts for Trados don't work on a Mac keyboard!!

Would anyone know how to 'translate' for example shift + insert for copying the source into the target?

Thanks a million for your help!

Monika Rokicka
Monika Rokicka  Identity Verified
Poland
English to Polish
+ ...
trados shortcuts Jun 18, 2010

Hi Ingeborg,

Keyboard shortcuts for Trados are quite different on a Mac, indeed. I found an earlier post (though on Tageditor) that you might find helpful.
http://www.proz.com/forum/sdl_trados_support/100240-tageditor_shortcuts_in_a_macbook_pro.html

I'm using some of these shortcuts myself (MacBook Pro), but had
... See more
Hi Ingeborg,

Keyboard shortcuts for Trados are quite different on a Mac, indeed. I found an earlier post (though on Tageditor) that you might find helpful.
http://www.proz.com/forum/sdl_trados_support/100240-tageditor_shortcuts_in_a_macbook_pro.html

I'm using some of these shortcuts myself (MacBook Pro), but had to invent some too. I'm sure you'll find your own way

Good luck and congratulations on you Mac!
Collapse

Fernando Toledo
Fernando Toledo  Identity Verified
Spain
German to Spanish
I found this... Jun 20, 2010

Programm and it works fine!

http://rafaelklaus.com/macomfort/

Regards

Ingeborg Aalders
Ingeborg Aalders
Netherlands
French to Dutch
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thanks a million! Jun 21, 2010

Thank you guys for helping me out over the weekend!

Since I'm working mostly on my iMac, I opted for the most 'lazy' option and I just plugged in an old Windows keyboard. It just works.

For my MacBook, I printed the shortcuts Monika suggested, but I first need to find the courage to prepare my macbook for Trados as well ...

Thanks again,
ingeborg

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Trados shortcuts on Mac keyboard

Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »
Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »