Thread poster: Stefan Budrich
Stefan Budrich
Stefan Budrich  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 22:38
Member (2005)
English to German
May 10, 2011

I am currently quoting for a translation that includes Apple Key Note files. I do have that software - so yes, copy and paste is an option.
I was just wondering if anybody knew a more efficient method that would interact with CAT tools.

Thanks & regards

Stefan Budrich
Saarbrücken, Germany

Selcuk Akyuz
Selcuk Akyuz  Identity Verified
Türkiye
Local time: 23:38
English to Turkish
+ ...
apxl files? May 11, 2011

Hi Stefan,

There was a similar topic discussed at http://www.proz.com/forum/déjà_vu_support/182836-is_it_possible_to_import_apxl_files_into_déjà_vu.html

... See more
Hi Stefan,

There was a similar topic discussed at http://www.proz.com/forum/déjà_vu_support/182836-is_it_possible_to_import_apxl_files_into_déjà_vu.html

And another link http://www.bluedoc.com/praxis-blog-linkslaeufige-schriften4.html

HTH

Selcuk

[Edited at 2011-05-11 01:59 GMT]
Collapse

Laurent KRAULAND (X)
Laurent KRAULAND (X)  Identity Verified
France
French to German
+ ...
"Strictly Apple" workaround Oct 16, 2011

I have thought of a "strictly Apple" workaround while browsing today through this forum although the OP is from May.

You need to check the Save the copy as Powerpoint option, this will generate a .PPT document.

This Powerpoint document can be translated using Heartsome or Swordfish (to name the CAT tools I use).

After the completion of the translation, you can open it with Keynote.

As far as I could see, this workaround can also be used
... See more
I have thought of a "strictly Apple" workaround while browsing today through this forum although the OP is from May.

You need to check the Save the copy as Powerpoint option, this will generate a .PPT document.

This Powerpoint document can be translated using Heartsome or Swordfish (to name the CAT tools I use).

After the completion of the translation, you can open it with Keynote.

As far as I could see, this workaround can also be used with Pages and Numbers files (conversion to .DOC and to .XLS respectively).
Collapse

Stefan Budrich
Stefan Budrich  Identity Verified
Germany
Member (2005)
English to German
TOPIC STARTER
Translate Apple Keynote in Powerpoint Oct 16, 2011

Thank you Laurent,
had considered and tried this workaround too.

The Keynote files in question were extremely complex with lots of sophisticated animations. Not much of the designer's work survived the conversion to PPT.

That's why in the end we used a very old-fashioned method (copy into MS Word files, translate, paste translation into Keynote).

From my perspective, the case is not closed yet as I expect more Keynote files - suggestions welcome.... See more
Thank you Laurent,
had considered and tried this workaround too.

The Keynote files in question were extremely complex with lots of sophisticated animations. Not much of the designer's work survived the conversion to PPT.

That's why in the end we used a very old-fashioned method (copy into MS Word files, translate, paste translation into Keynote).

From my perspective, the case is not closed yet as I expect more Keynote files - suggestions welcome.

Stefan
Collapse

Laurent KRAULAND (X)
Laurent KRAULAND (X)  Identity Verified
France
French to German
+ ...
And CaféTran? Oct 16, 2011

I thought when I posted that this would probably not work for files with more complex formatting.

CaféTran - to be found and downloaded at http://www.cafetran.republika.pl/ - natively supports iWork files.

The question is: would it work without too much hassle with heavily formatted files?

I cannot say that I had requests for the translation of files in Apple form
... See more
I thought when I posted that this would probably not work for files with more complex formatting.

CaféTran - to be found and downloaded at http://www.cafetran.republika.pl/ - natively supports iWork files.

The question is: would it work without too much hassle with heavily formatted files?

I cannot say that I had requests for the translation of files in Apple format, but certainly would like to get such requests.
Collapse

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Apple Key Note 09 - file translation

Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »
Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »