Thread poster: BabelOn-line
Claudio Chagas (X)
Claudio Chagas (X)
Brazil
Local time: 23:03
English to Portuguese
+ ...
I'm glad that I could help... Aug 8, 2011

That's awesome BabelOn-line! I am happy that you are discovering ways to work with TM tools.

cheers. c

Laurent KRAULAND (X)
Laurent KRAULAND (X)  Identity Verified
France
Local time: 03:03
French to German
+ ...
Heartsome / Swordfish Aug 10, 2011

http://www.heartsome.net - http://www.maxprograms.com

BabelOn-line
BabelOn-line
United Kingdom
Local time: 02:03
English to French
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thanks, Claudio and Laurent Aug 10, 2011

Well, last days proved very interesting.

Looks to me (and again i know next to nothing about TM apps so i should be more considerate before voicing an opinion) like OmegaT is built with all the grace of a 50s Russian tank: it is not very pretty to look at, but it bloody well works.

Had my first invalid format today, but there were more than enough topics on the Net to troubleshoot the problem easy. And it handles many formats. And many people develop ad hoc add-ons and
... See more
Well, last days proved very interesting.

Looks to me (and again i know next to nothing about TM apps so i should be more considerate before voicing an opinion) like OmegaT is built with all the grace of a 50s Russian tank: it is not very pretty to look at, but it bloody well works.

Had my first invalid format today, but there were more than enough topics on the Net to troubleshoot the problem easy. And it handles many formats. And many people develop ad hoc add-ons and gizmos for it. And you could put your hands under the bonnet...

Now, people replying to this topic were kind enough to share their experience of TM apps with me. Sadly (for me) there is no clear winner for Mac-compatible ones.

So my guess is i have to take a ticket to central London and go see how these apps work or even better, try out the ones that offer a demo version.

But at least, i have a good few leads to follow – thanks to you guys.

Best and thank you again!
Collapse

Pages in topic:   < [1 2]

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Help with choice of TM for newbie / Mac user

Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »
TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »