Transit NXT Freelance Pro + Termstar on Mac
Thread poster: traduzio
traduzio
traduzio
Local time: 19:54
Oct 28, 2011

Fear all,

this is my first post, so I do apologize for any mistake or inconvenience.

I want to buy a new MacBook Pro 13", 2,8 Ghz, but I also need to use the latest version of Transit NXT Freelance Pro and Termstar. I am unfamiliar with both hardware and software, because until now I am translating on a Windows-PC without translation tools.

I would appreciate, if someone using Freelance Pro on a Mac-PC could tell me something about his experience and provi
... See more
Fear all,

this is my first post, so I do apologize for any mistake or inconvenience.

I want to buy a new MacBook Pro 13", 2,8 Ghz, but I also need to use the latest version of Transit NXT Freelance Pro and Termstar. I am unfamiliar with both hardware and software, because until now I am translating on a Windows-PC without translation tools.

I would appreciate, if someone using Freelance Pro on a Mac-PC could tell me something about his experience and provide some advice.

Thanks in advance
Davide
Collapse

Emanuela Galdelli
Emanuela Galdelli  Identity Verified
Italy
Member (2003)
French to Italian
+ ...
Welcome on ProZ.com Oct 28, 2011

Hello traduzio,

Welcome on ProZ.com.

You can browse the forums to look for topics which can be interesting to you:

http://www.proz.com/?sp=forum&action=SearchForum&advanced=y .

Note that a forum about Transit exists, here it is:
... See more
Hello traduzio,

Welcome on ProZ.com.

You can browse the forums to look for topics which can be interesting to you:

http://www.proz.com/?sp=forum&action=SearchForum&advanced=y .

Note that a forum about Transit exists, here it is:

http://www.proz.com/forum/188 .

Do not hesitate to contact me or another moderator if you need help or info.

Emanuela
Collapse

Hans Lenting
Hans Lenting
Netherlands
Member (2006)
German to Dutch
Where is my reply? Oct 28, 2011

Where is my reply?

Hans Lenting
Hans Lenting
Netherlands
Member (2006)
German to Dutch
Yes it works Oct 28, 2011

Transit NXT on Parallels 6 and WinXP 32: wow!

You might want to consider an external monitor.

[Edited at 2011-10-28 15:34 GMT]

Tarja Braun
Tarja Braun  Identity Verified
Germany
Member (2008)
German to Finnish
+ ...
Transit XV + Parallels + Windows 7 = fine Oct 28, 2011

I am using Transit XV (and Termstar) on my MacBook Pro 17" with Intel Core i7, 4 GB RAM, 750 GB disc space, and it works fine. (Across and Trados 2007 and 2009 as well) I am running it on Parallels with Windows 7.
The only thing you have to consider is the keyboard. I cannot use alt+ins to close a segment and jump to the next one, I have to use the menu. If someone has a solution for that, please let me know. The function of the delete key is fn+backspace on the Mac keyboard, but I haven't
... See more
I am using Transit XV (and Termstar) on my MacBook Pro 17" with Intel Core i7, 4 GB RAM, 750 GB disc space, and it works fine. (Across and Trados 2007 and 2009 as well) I am running it on Parallels with Windows 7.
The only thing you have to consider is the keyboard. I cannot use alt+ins to close a segment and jump to the next one, I have to use the menu. If someone has a solution for that, please let me know. The function of the delete key is fn+backspace on the Mac keyboard, but I haven't found out, if it is possible to emulate the insert functionality.
Collapse

kaluha
kaluha
Germany
German to Danish
+ ...
Error Message in Transit NXT pro on Parallels Win7 "Could not save file: USER_DATA.INI" Oct 28, 2011

Hello -

My name is Karen - I´m new to proZ.com and would be grateful for your help.

I need to work with Transit NXT and bought the Pro 3 month licence.

Installation on my MacBook Pro, Parallels 6, Windows 7 was ok, but when I try to load the customer´s ppf I end up with an error message "Could not save file: USER_DATA.INI".

If I press OK the screen remains in the dictionary mode.

Could you direct me to

Emanuela Galdelli
Emanuela Galdelli  Identity Verified
Italy
Member (2003)
French to Italian
+ ...
Welcome, kaluha Oct 28, 2011

Hello kaluha and welcome on ProZ.com!

I think you can find more help in the Transit forum: http://www.proz.com/forum/188 .

Emanuela

Hans Lenting
Hans Lenting
Netherlands
Member (2006)
German to Dutch
Solution for Alt+Insert on a MacBook Oct 29, 2011

Hello Tarja,

You might want to consider to connect an external keyboard (e.g. Cherry Strait) with a Windows layout.

When you're running the 32 bit version of Windows, you can write a Transit macro to emulate Alt+Insert.

Third solution: Install AutoHotkey and create a macro for Alt+Insert.

Best,

Hans

Tarja Braun
Tarja Braun  Identity Verified
Germany
Member (2008)
German to Finnish
+ ...
Thank you, Hans Oct 29, 2011

I think the easiest way for me would be either an external keyboard or AutoHotkey.

kaluha
kaluha
Germany
German to Danish
+ ...
Thanks - Nov 3, 2011

Thanks Emanuela,

An external keyboard is a must for the macbook, I fear. More stuff to schlepp around ...

Karen

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Transit NXT Freelance Pro + Termstar on Mac

Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »
Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »