Can't open my freemail
Thread poster: Martin Schmurr
Martin Schmurr
Martin Schmurr  Identity Verified
Local time: 10:40
Italian to German
May 22, 2004

On several Macs here in my school, including mine, when I type user name and password on www.web.de and press "Enter", it says (translated) "Protection error: wrong data decryption". My internet preferences don't show any restriction/protection.
Please help!
Martin from Udine

Michael Sciascia
Michael Sciascia
Italian to English
+ ...
Which Browser? May 23, 2004

Did you try with other browsers than your default one?
If you use Mac OS X you could try with Omniweb, Firefox or Camino instead of Safari and Internet Expoler

Emmanuelle Riffault
Emmanuelle Riffault  Identity Verified
Australia
Local time: 18:40
Member (2004)
German to French
+ ...
Security preferences ? May 24, 2004

Martin Schmurr wrote:

On several Macs here in my school, including mine, when I type user name and password on www.web.de and press "Enter", it says (translated) "Protection error: wrong data decryption". My internet preferences don't show any restriction/protection.
Please help!
Martin from Udine

I had a similar problem a few weeks ago. Until I've found out that I had changed the security level of my modem 2 days before and that I coudn't use any form ("formluaire" : username + password) any more : either on proz, nor for online banking etc.
Maybe it's the same ?-)

Cheers

Emmanuelle

Martin Schmurr
Martin Schmurr  Identity Verified
Italian to German
TOPIC STARTER
salut Emmanuelle, May 24, 2004

I checked all the Internet security levels of my computer. How do you check those of the modem? It hasn't got a screen, has it? ;o)

Emmanuelle Riffault
Emmanuelle Riffault  Identity Verified
Australia
Local time: 18:40
Member (2004)
German to French
+ ...
Bonjourno ! May 25, 2004

Martin Schmurr wrote:

I checked all the Internet security levels of my computer. How do you check those of the modem? It hasn't got a screen, has it? ;o)

Actually, it does have a screen : I have a wireless router/modem and have the possibility to choose a security level in the settings.

Does this problem occur only when you want to open your freemail ?

Emmanuelle ;O)

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Can't open my freemail

Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »
Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »