How can I invert listing of Downloads map?
Thread poster: lisevs
lisevs
lisevs
Local time: 07:03
Feb 25, 2013

Hello,

there is probably a very easy solution to my little annoying problem but I just don't figure it out right now: When I right click on the Downloads map in the Dock it shows a listing of all the downloaded files in the order of downloading. But how can I invert this order? I want to have the newest file in the bottom where I can easily click and drag it. Right now I have the newest file on top of the list and have to scroll up there to find it.

I used to have the
... See more
Hello,

there is probably a very easy solution to my little annoying problem but I just don't figure it out right now: When I right click on the Downloads map in the Dock it shows a listing of all the downloaded files in the order of downloading. But how can I invert this order? I want to have the newest file in the bottom where I can easily click and drag it. Right now I have the newest file on top of the list and have to scroll up there to find it.

I used to have the reverted order but it changed after I by accident removed the Downloads map from the Dock and put it back again.

Thanks a lot for any hints

Lise

oh and it's Mac OS X 10.7.5

[Edited at 2013-02-25 09:33 GMT]
Collapse

trhanslator (X)
trhanslator (X)
View > List Mar 4, 2013

This is how I do it in Mountain Lion:

Finder, View, List, click on the Date column header.

lisevs
lisevs
TOPIC STARTER
This doesn't help for the Dock... Mar 14, 2013

trhanslator wrote:

This is how I do it in Mountain Lion:

Finder, View, List, click on the Date column header.

Thank you for the suggestion - I tried it, but it doesn't change the listing order for the Downloads folder shown in the Dock.

Jennifer Hejtmankova
Jennifer Hejtmankova  Identity Verified
Czech Republic
Member (2007)
Czech to English
+ ...
List view vs. Fan view Mar 15, 2013

You have it as "View Contents As >List", don't you? Right click on the Downloads stack, click on "View Contents As> Fan" and it'll go back to newest at the bottom. I don't know how to make the List viewing have the newest docs at the bottom....

lisevs
lisevs
TOPIC STARTER
Thanks a lot!! Mar 15, 2013

Jennifer Hejtmankova wrote:

You have it as "View Contents As >List", don't you? Right click on the Downloads stack, click on "View Contents As> Fan" and it'll go back to newest at the bottom. I don't know how to make the List viewing have the newest docs at the bottom....

Yes indeed this is the solution I was looking for. Sorry my mistake to mix up list and fan view. I guess I was too confused by seeing everything in a completely different order.

Thanks a lot!!

[Edited at 2013-03-15 13:55 GMT]

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

How can I invert listing of Downloads map?

Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »
TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »