Thread poster: Jillian Pandor
Meta Arkadia
Meta Arkadia
Local time: 01:14
English to Indonesian
+ ...
Not so bad Jul 26, 2013

Alan Halls wrote:
There are definitely some annoying issues about the Mac OS, such as not being able to do right-click-new-txt file or new Word document etc. in Finder windows.

Well, Alan, you can open a new text or Word file using Spotlight. Just hit ⌘-spacebar, and start typing the app you want to open. After entering one or two letters, your app will appear, and you select and hit Return. But using a Service is better. If you select a text and want to paste it into a new Word file, just right-click, and your context menu will appear:

A new blank Word file will open, and without having to copy or paste, the selected text will appear in the Word file. Even better, you can assign a keyboard shortcut to it: Select the text, hit the KBS, and there you are.

More on Services: http://www.proz.com/forum/cafetran_support/253066-analysis_report.html

And not having drive letters. I really don't know why Apple hasn't found a way to implement that!

You can implement it yourself. You can change the drive name into anything you like, including a letter. I have a drive called BU (for back-up), and one CCC (Carbon Copy Cloner. Recommended!). Names are far more clear than letters, but if you insist on drive letters…

Here endeth the lesson by a guy with experience since 1194, as Our Man in London tartly remarked (my postings are vetted, and rightfully so, because I post under my daughter's subscription, and if I edit a post, it will take some time before it will be approved. So I don't edit).

Cheers,

Hans

wilhelm_zwo (X)
wilhelm_zwo (X)
Netherlands
Local time: 20:14
German to Dutch
Extra info Jul 28, 2013

I've started a new topic to add some info that might be relevant for you:

http://www.proz.com/forum/cafetran_support/253550-tag_handling_in_transits_language_pairs.html

Pages in topic:   < [1 2]

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Windows or Mac?

Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »
Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »