Catharine Cellier-Smart
Catharine Cellier-Smart  Identity Verified
Reunion
Local time: 11:22
Member (2010)
French to English
+ ...
Jan 20, 2015

I've been away from my desktop computer for a while travelling (was using my desktop) and I'd like to have all my gmail e-mails from while I was away available in Mail.

In account information I put "recent:" in front of the user name to force a download all e-mails from the previous 30 days, but I still have a gap of about 10 days before that where I'd like to have the e-mails downloaded into Mail, not just in Gmail webmail.

Does anyone know of a workaround?

... See more
I've been away from my desktop computer for a while travelling (was using my desktop) and I'd like to have all my gmail e-mails from while I was away available in Mail.

In account information I put "recent:" in front of the user name to force a download all e-mails from the previous 30 days, but I still have a gap of about 10 days before that where I'd like to have the e-mails downloaded into Mail, not just in Gmail webmail.

Does anyone know of a workaround?

TIA
Collapse

Samuel Murray
Samuel Murray  Identity Verified
Netherlands
Local time: 08:22
Member (2006)
English to Afrikaans
+ ...
What is Mail? Jan 20, 2015

Catharine Cellier-Smart wrote:
I've been away from my desktop computer for a while travelling (was using my desktop) and I'd like to have all my Gmail e-mails from while I was away available in Mail.

What is "Mail"?

In account information I put "recent:" in front of the user name...

Do you do this in "Mail" or in Gmail?

Tom in London
Tom in London
United Kingdom
Local time: 07:22
Member (2008)
Italian to English
Gmail to Apple Mail Jan 20, 2015

All of my incoming Gmail messages are automatically bounced to my Apple Mail account. I can't remember how I did this though -it was so long ago. You have to fiddle with your settings in Gmail. Click on the "gearwheel" at the top right of your Gmail window. Go to "settings" and then "forwarding". I think that's where you do it.

[Edited at 2015-01-20 14:26 GMT]

Catharine Cellier-Smart
Catharine Cellier-Smart  Identity Verified
Reunion
Local time: 11:22
Member (2010)
French to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Missing e-mails Jan 20, 2015

@Samuel - Mail is the dedicated e-mail programme on Mac computers.

"I put "recent:" in front of the user name" - this is in the Preferences pane of Mail.

@Tom - I normally access all my incoming e-mails (gmail, hotmail etc) in Mail, but if I've been working away from home and accessing my gmail e-mails via Mail on my laptop, I don't get those e-mails on the desktop version of Mail.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Downloading 'old' Gmail e-mails into Mail

Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »
Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »