Michael Hariton  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 22:10
Member (2006)
German to English
+ ...
Oct 20, 2015

Hi,
I've been running a virtual PC on my mac with Virtualbox. I run MemoQ on it without any problems.

Now I tried to install a new program to the virtual PC and it's in a Devil's Circle of crashing.

Does anyone know who can help troubleshoot Virtualbox? I've tried their Forum and elsewhere but am not very technical.

Any help would be immensely appreciated!

Best,

Michael

2nl (X)
2nl (X)  Identity Verified
Netherlands
Local time: 22:10
You didn't make any snapshot or a backup? Oct 20, 2015

You didn't make any snapshot or a backup, did you? If so, you could restore the VM to its stable state.

Dominique Pivard
Dominique Pivard  Identity Verified
Local time: 23:10
Finnish to French
free vs. commercial Oct 22, 2015

Michael Hariton wrote:
Does anyone know who can help troubleshoot Virtualbox? I've tried their Forum and elsewhere but am not very technical.

Sometimes, it’s the price you pay for free / Open Source software. If you are not tech-minded, the commercial alternatives (Parallels Desktop, VMware Fusion) may be better suited for you. Their cost is probably less than two hours worth of your time as a translator.

I briefly tried to use VirtualBox on my MacBook Air (back in 2010-2011, when I got it), but it wouldn’t support its native resolution (1440 x 900), at least not out of the box. VirtualBox may have improved since, but I decided to go for WMware Fusion (being familiar with the PC equivalent from VMware) and I never looked back after that.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Running MemoQ on Vitualbox: Vitualbox crashing

Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »
CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »