So I finally got a Mac. My problem? It does not have an USB port. Are there ADB-to-USB adapters?
Thread poster: Edwal Rospigliosi
Edwal Rospigliosi
Edwal Rospigliosi  Identity Verified
Spain
Local time: 03:16
English to Spanish
+ ...
Apr 22, 2005

Hi everybody.

After my experience with Mac emulators, I was so pleased that I wanted a real mac. I found a very nice and cheap Powerbook WallStreet in ebay, and it arrived yesterday.

Until now, it's a beautiful machine. Slender, the screen is great, and it has OSX and MacOffice installed. By the way, MacOffice looks simply WOW!

My problem? It does not have an USB port. It has SCSI and ADB ports, so I can't use my USB printer (Mac compatible).

... See more
Hi everybody.

After my experience with Mac emulators, I was so pleased that I wanted a real mac. I found a very nice and cheap Powerbook WallStreet in ebay, and it arrived yesterday.

Until now, it's a beautiful machine. Slender, the screen is great, and it has OSX and MacOffice installed. By the way, MacOffice looks simply WOW!

My problem? It does not have an USB port. It has SCSI and ADB ports, so I can't use my USB printer (Mac compatible).

I've seen that there are many USB-to-ADB adapters, but none ADB-to-USB. Do they exist, or is there any other solution?

Regards

Edwal

[Subject edited by staff or moderator 2005-04-22 11:53]
Collapse

Ken Cox
Ken Cox  Identity Verified
Local time: 03:16
German to English
+ ...
you need an USB PCMCIA (Cardbus) card Apr 22, 2005

Totally revised answer (apologies for the previous incorrect answer): you need a Cardbus card that plugs into the Cardbus (formerly called PCMCIA) slot in your Mac.

Sample google hits:

... Bus-Port - 2-Port PCMCIA (Cardbus) Host Adapter Card for Laptops - Mac/Win ... USB ports to a PC or Mac notebook computer via the PCMCI
... See more
Totally revised answer (apologies for the previous incorrect answer): you need a Cardbus card that plugs into the Cardbus (formerly called PCMCIA) slot in your Mac.

Sample google hits:

... Bus-Port - 2-Port PCMCIA (Cardbus) Host Adapter Card for Laptops - Mac/Win ... USB ports to a PC or Mac notebook computer via the PCMCIA cardbus slot. ...
www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/307806-REG/ %09%09%09Belkin_F5U022_USB_Bus_Port_2_Port.html

Firewire PCMCIA Cards
... FireWire Notebook Card - 3 Port PCMCIA Firewire Card for Notebooks - Mac FireWire ... Iogear Combo Firewire/USB PCMCIA Card - 2-Port Firewire and USB 2 ...
www.bhphotovideo.com/c/shop/8409/Firewire_ Cards_Accessories_Firewire_PCMCIA_Cards.html

Firewire/USB PCMCIA Card - Mac/Win (LaCie-109929) - OSTG.com: The ...
... LaCie Firewire/USB PCMCIA Card - Mac/Win. (SKU: 109929) ... Description: Add FireWire and Hi-Speed USB capabilities to your Mac or PC laptop. ...
ostg.pricegrabber.com/rating_getprodrev.php/ product_id=2609423/id_type=M

[Edited at 2005-04-22 08:54]
Collapse

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

So I finally got a Mac. My problem? It does not have an USB port. Are there ADB-to-USB adapters?

TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »
Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »