Thread poster: Emma Gledhill
TTilch
TTilch  Identity Verified
Local time: 20:44
English to German
+ ...
Running Parallels, Win2000 and Trados FL 7.5 with softkey Jan 9, 2008

Hello Mac community,

I am currently trying out to run Parallels on a new Intel Mac with Windows 2000 and Trados FL 7.5. It works fine so far, only that I have to tell Trados over and over again where to find the licence.lic file each time I start Trados. Does/did anyone have the same problem and is there a solution to it?

Best regards,

Tanja

Stefan Budrich
Stefan Budrich  Identity Verified
Germany
Member (2005)
English to German
Where is your license.lic located? Jan 9, 2008

Hi Tanja,
I can only guess that this might be a problem of the actual location of your license.lic file? Is it stored on the "windows side of the house"? If not, Trados might have diffculties locating it, depending on the Mac's sharing settings - but that's just a rough guess.

I also noted – when I first downloaded the license.lic file – that the Mac ignored the .lic suffix and I had to add it manually again.

Trados 6.5 on Win XP / Parallels.

Th
... See more
Hi Tanja,
I can only guess that this might be a problem of the actual location of your license.lic file? Is it stored on the "windows side of the house"? If not, Trados might have diffculties locating it, depending on the Mac's sharing settings - but that's just a rough guess.

I also noted – when I first downloaded the license.lic file – that the Mac ignored the .lic suffix and I had to add it manually again.

Trados 6.5 on Win XP / Parallels.

That's all I can think of for the moment.

Stefan
Collapse

TTilch
TTilch  Identity Verified
English to German
+ ...
Licsense.lic file Jan 10, 2008

I can only guess that this might be a problem of the actual location of your license.lic file? Is it stored on the "windows side of the house"?

Hi Stefan,

I have it stored under "Eigene Dateien" (My documents) of the "drive C" Parallels created, so it should be on the Windows side of the Mac.

Best regards,

Tanja

HITONY
HITONY
English
Need Help Aug 20, 2008

Hi everbody,

I am a new Trados user and I just installed it on my mac laptop. I use bootcamp to run pc on my mac. However, I wonder whether anybody ever experience this problem. I couldn't get the open/get command to work. Every time I click it keeps saying "couldn't fine the end of the text" so I couldn't do my translation

Any ideas.? Thanks.

Andrew Morris
Andrew Morris  Identity Verified
Spain
French to English
+ ...
Trados failing to initialise Jan 5, 2009

Can anyone help?

I read such glowing reviews of Parallels in this forum that I actually went out and bought a new Mac, with a view to installing Trados!

Now my Trados downloaded OK and seemed to install successfully in Parakkeks (XP) , but when I open the programme I ALWAYS get "failed to initialise the application" and then it freezes completely so I have to shut down. Every time. It's driving me crazy. I've tried to uninstall and install again but to no avail. I've no
... See more
Can anyone help?

I read such glowing reviews of Parallels in this forum that I actually went out and bought a new Mac, with a view to installing Trados!

Now my Trados downloaded OK and seemed to install successfully in Parakkeks (XP) , but when I open the programme I ALWAYS get "failed to initialise the application" and then it freezes completely so I have to shut down. Every time. It's driving me crazy. I've tried to uninstall and install again but to no avail. I've not touched any of the files in the operating system - wouldn't know how or why!

I have Kaspersky installed - would that be the problem? I'd be undyingly grateful for any advice here!
Collapse

Bea Szirti
Bea Szirti
English to Hungarian
+ ...
Shortcuts May 14, 2009

Gari wrote:

I'm happy to know that I'm not the only one using Trados on a Macbook with Parallels (I really thought I was...). It's a great combination, but I have a question, and I hope you can help me:

- can you use Trados' shorcuts, especially the Set/Close Next Open/Get one? How?

Thanks!

Hello!

This topic is helpful re Shortcuts on a Macbook:

http://www.proz.com/forum/sdl_trados_support/100240-tageditor_shortcuts_in_a_macbook_pro.html

Pages in topic:   < [1 2]

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Using Trados on the new Intel Macs with boot camp or Parallels

Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »
Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »