Who has experiences with Heartsome? Training in Germany?
Thread poster: Martina Höppner (X)
Martina Höppner (X)
Martina Höppner (X)  Identity Verified
Local time: 21:40
English to German
+ ...
Oct 13, 2006

I bought the Heartsome Translation Suite half a year ago and am able to work easy jobs with it but I can't really find my way in. Who works with Heartsome and can tell me about their experiences?

Is there any Heartsome training available in Germany? I would greatly appreciate help because I think it's not that Heartsome is wrong, I just can't figure out many things and have trouble just learning from their help section.

Thanks in advance,
Martina

Sonja Tomaskovic (X)
Sonja Tomaskovic (X)  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 11:40
English to German
+ ...
Not that I know of Oct 14, 2006

Hello Martina,

as far as I know, there is no such thing as a training or even a tutorial for the Heartsome Suite or any of its editors.

I used to work with the XLIFF Editor a lot, and also have some experience with the TMX Editor. I'll be glad to answer your questions if I can.

Have you thought about joining the mailing list? It is the best place to ask questions.

Sonja

Rodolfo Raya
Rodolfo Raya  Identity Verified
Local time: 06:40
English to Spanish
Heartsome support options Oct 14, 2006

Hi,

You can join Heartsome's Support mailing list filling the form at http://www.heartsome.net/EN/mailist.html

If you have questions or problems, you can send a message to [email protected] and ask for help.
... See more
Hi,

You can join Heartsome's Support mailing list filling the form at http://www.heartsome.net/EN/mailist.html

If you have questions or problems, you can send a message to [email protected] and ask for help.

You can also visit Heartsome's wiki at http://www.heartsome.org/hswiki and check the tips and tricks section. There is a section where users write their wishes for the programs and most of them get implemented.

Finally, you can ask questions here. I may be able to help you with all aspects of Heartsome's tools.

Best regards,
Rodolfo
Collapse

Martina Höppner (X)
Martina Höppner (X)  Identity Verified
Local time: 21:40
English to German
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
How do I do that? Oct 14, 2006

Hi Sonja, thanks for your answer!

Sorry, the question might be stupid, but where and how can I join the mailing list? I couldn't find it. I only started using proz.com and I get lost all the time…
Have you changed your CAT tool and why?

Martina

Sonja Tomaskovic (X)
Sonja Tomaskovic (X)  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 11:40
English to German
+ ...
Add your questions to this thread Oct 14, 2006

Since Rodolfo already replied to your question about the mailing list, I can only add that you can also ask any questions you might have in this thread.

I used to work a lot with Wordfast and was looking for an alternative CAT that runs on Linux too, so I bought Heartsome. (In fact, WF does work with Linux if you have Word installed, but I was looking for a "standalone" option.)
At the moment I prefer to work with OmegaT when I am not able to run Wordfast.

Sonja

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Who has experiences with Heartsome? Training in Germany?

TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »
Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »