Thread poster: Anne Patteet
Anne Patteet
Anne Patteet  Identity Verified
Local time: 15:19
English to French
+ ...
Feb 12, 2008

Hi everyone,

I would like to use a word count software. I was interested by TO 3000 which is also a project management tool, but all these seem to work only with PC's.

Do any of you know if they have a Mac version (I couldn't find any) or if there is another solution?

Tanks very much and have a nice week,

Anne

Stefan Budrich
Stefan Budrich  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 22:19
Member (2005)
English to German
No counting / analysis tools for Mac Feb 12, 2008

Hi Anne,
analysis / counting tools that work directly on Macs are virtually non-existent. (I'd be extremely happy to hear other reports).

I have all such tasks performed on the Windows-side of my Macs, using Parallels. This actually works rather well, there are restrictions, however - with Practicount I have to copy the files into a local (Windows) folder, before Practicount accepts them for analysis. With Trados and DVX this is not required.

For project manageme
... See more
Hi Anne,
analysis / counting tools that work directly on Macs are virtually non-existent. (I'd be extremely happy to hear other reports).

I have all such tasks performed on the Windows-side of my Macs, using Parallels. This actually works rather well, there are restrictions, however - with Practicount I have to copy the files into a local (Windows) folder, before Practicount accepts them for analysis. With Trados and DVX this is not required.

For project management I use a tool that is called T.O.M. - it is based on the database system Filemaker Pro, which is cross-platform capable. But T.O.M. does not perform counting / analysis tasks.

Stefan
Collapse

Aleks Zakrewski
Aleks Zakrewski
Poland
Local time: 22:19
English to Russian
Word Counter Feb 12, 2008

Hi Anne,
You can use Word Counter 2.6 to do your word counting
you can find it here http://www.supermagnus.com/mac/Word_Counter/index.html
Drag text into the main word counter window, then press the "Count Words" button

Does it's job very well...and it is free app.

Kind regards

Anne Patteet
Anne Patteet  Identity Verified
Local time: 15:19
English to French
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thank you very much Stefan and Alex Feb 15, 2008

Sorry I didn't answer sooner... I will chek Alex's link

Thanks again!

Anne

WordCounter is pretty cool Mar 15, 2012

I tried wordcounter based on this thread; it works nicely.

My only issue is that it includes XML tags and doesn't allow me to filter specific tags.

Cheers,
Bruce

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Translation Office 3000, Practicount, Anycount and more

CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »
Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »