Nicolas Gambardella
United Kingdom
Local time: 15:17
Member (2019)
English to French
+ ...
Sep 9, 2019

Hello,

I kept bumping in the same issue: I would import in CafeTran Espresso a DOCX file that contains text boxes. I'd translate the text boxes and export the translation. If I open the resulting DOCX in LibreOffice or Google Docs, I see the translated box, no problem. However, one of my clients systematically complained that I did not translate the boxes, and sent me screenshots from MS Word that indeed showed the boxes with the source text within the exported translation!
... See more
Hello,

I kept bumping in the same issue: I would import in CafeTran Espresso a DOCX file that contains text boxes. I'd translate the text boxes and export the translation. If I open the resulting DOCX in LibreOffice or Google Docs, I see the translated box, no problem. However, one of my clients systematically complained that I did not translate the boxes, and sent me screenshots from MS Word that indeed showed the boxes with the source text within the exported translation!

I wanted to understand what was happening, so I unpacked the exported DOCX. And in the document word>>document.xml I found BOTH versions of the boxes, the translated and the source one.

For some reason, my client sees only the original box (but everything else is translated), while I see the translated one.

This is weird, but most importantly, it is very disabling!
Collapse

Jean Dimitriadis
Jean Dimitriadis  Identity Verified
English to French
+ ...
Word text box Sep 9, 2019

Hello Nicolas,

I've found this post in the official forum's archive: https://cafetran.freshdesk.com/support/discussions/topics/6000046910

Is it relevant to you?

Jean

Nicolas Gambardella

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Natalie[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Translation of text boxes from DOCX documents

Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »
CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »