ibz
ibz  Identity Verified
Local time: 10:49
Member (2007)
English to German
+ ...
Nov 12, 2019

Hello,
I started an alignment project on one of my computers and wanted to continue working on it on my second computer. However, when I try opening the folder on Cafetran, I'am asked to «Open document» (*.docx/x...) where I can only open one document. When I decline, I get the message «Select joined documents tab for alignment!». Where do I find this «joined documents tab»?
Thank you for your help!
Irene

Igor Kmitowski
Igor Kmitowski  Identity Verified
Poland
Member (2016)
English to Polish
+ ...
Open second document Nov 12, 2019

As you transferred the project folder to your second computer, CafeTran might have lost the file path to one of the documents in the alignment workflow. That is why it asks you to Open/Choose the document from the project folder. Instead of rejecting it, just select the second document for the alignment.

ibz
ibz  Identity Verified
Member (2007)
English to German
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thank you, Igor Nov 12, 2019

But how do I know which of the two documents to chose? I can only chose one ... It would be quite clear if I could chose the two documents to align, but as I said I can only click on one.

ibz
ibz  Identity Verified
Member (2007)
English to German
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
A big thank you! Nov 12, 2019

Dear Igor,
Many thanks for your prompt answer! I just selected the second document (as you already wrote in your answer) and everything works just fine.
Have a great day,
Irene

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Natalie[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Align documents

Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »
CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »