Thread poster: PatriziaM.
PatriziaM.
PatriziaM.  Identity Verified
Italy
Local time: 19:58
English to Italian
+ ...
Jan 27, 2021

I have got some .docx files that include hidden contents variables. You can see them, if in Word you select Options – View - Show all formatting marks.
They are entries in curly brackets like this: Der Indexeintrag besteht aus {XE" Produktbeschreibung" }.
I have to translate also the variable "Produktbeschreibung".
I have imported the files in DéjàVu X3, but the hidden cotents variables are not shown, therefore I can’t translate them inside DVX3. Is there anyone who coul
... See more
I have got some .docx files that include hidden contents variables. You can see them, if in Word you select Options – View - Show all formatting marks.
They are entries in curly brackets like this: Der Indexeintrag besteht aus {XE" Produktbeschreibung" }.
I have to translate also the variable "Produktbeschreibung".
I have imported the files in DéjàVu X3, but the hidden cotents variables are not shown, therefore I can’t translate them inside DVX3. Is there anyone who could give me a tip to make the contents variables visible inside DVX3?

Thank you in advance!
Collapse

Selcuk Akyuz
Selcuk Akyuz  Identity Verified
Türkiye
Local time: 20:58
English to Turkish
+ ...
Field results? Jan 27, 2021

Remove the check mark from Ignore field results box and try reimporting the file.

HTH
Selcuk

Hans Lenting
Yolanda Broad

PatriziaM.
Italy
English to Italian
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
No result Jan 29, 2021

Selcuk Akyuz wrote:

Remove the check mark from Ignore field results box and try reimporting the file.

HTH
Selcuk

Hi Selcuk,

Thank you for your suggestion. I've tried but with no result. What else can I do?

Patrizia

Selcuk Akyuz
Selcuk Akyuz  Identity Verified
Türkiye
English to Turkish
+ ...
in separate segments Jan 29, 2021

Words in XE references (those between curly brackets) are in fact imported but you can find them in separate segments, following the sentence. So your sentence "Der Indexeintrag besteht aus {XE" Produktbeschreibung" }." will display in two segment as follows:

Der Indexeintrag besteht aus {1}.
Produktbeschreibung

PatriziaM.
Italy
English to Italian
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
XE references aren't present Jan 29, 2021

Selcuk Akyuz wrote:

Words in XE references (those between curly brackets) are in fact imported but you can find them in separate segments, following the sentence. So your sentence "Der Indexeintrag besteht aus {XE" Produktbeschreibung" }." will display in two segment as follows:

Produktbeschreibung

Hi Selcuk,

Unfortunately XE references aren't present in separate segments.
My sentence "Der Indexeintrag besteht aus {XE" Produktbeschreibung" }." displays in only one segment:

"Der Indexeintrag besteht aus ."

Next segment contains another sentence.

mikhailo
mikhailo
English to Russian
+ ...
re Jan 30, 2021

PatriziaM. wrote:

Selcuk Akyuz wrote:

Produktbeschreibung

Hi Selcuk,

Unfortunately XE references aren't present in separate segments.
My sentence "Der Indexeintrag besteht aus {XE" Produktbeschreibung" }." displays in only one segment:

"Der Indexeintrag besteht aus ."

Next segment contains another sentence.

Use MSO live filter for DVX3 and You'll get

Produktbeschreibung

Another way - convert source to RTF/ XML etc in Word and back to docx after translation

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Pavel Tsvetkov[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Showing Word contents variables inside DVX3

Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »
Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »