Witold Walecki  Identity Verified
Poland
Local time: 07:38
Member (2011)
English to Polish
+ ...
Oct 30, 2019

BE AWARE
if you receive an enquiry for translation of a huawei (most likely) related text in sdl project "HW_EU_request 1028" English to Danish, Dutch, Finnish, NO, PL, SW, TR - from [email protected] from someone signing it as George Varughese,
Project Manager
Wawasan Destiny Resources
DO NOT LET YOURSELF BE FOOLED. THIS IS AN IMPOSTOR. he is not who he says he is from where he says he is. yo
... See more
BE AWARE
if you receive an enquiry for translation of a huawei (most likely) related text in sdl project "HW_EU_request 1028" English to Danish, Dutch, Finnish, NO, PL, SW, TR - from [email protected] from someone signing it as George Varughese,
Project Manager
Wawasan Destiny Resources
DO NOT LET YOURSELF BE FOOLED. THIS IS AN IMPOSTOR. he is not who he says he is from where he says he is. you WILL NEVER see your money.
do a simple exercise: compare the email he uses: wawasandsetinynow.com to the actual email of a the real wawasan destiny now: wawasandestinynow.com
and warn as many people as you can
Collapse

Philippe Tronci
David Maldonado
Sedat Limani
Rakel Saetre Benon
waheed Abdel-rady
Regine7

David Maldonado
David Maldonado  Identity Verified
Spain
English to Spanish
+ ...
It happened to me Nov 1, 2019

I just received an email from this guy, English to Spanish.

It caught my attention because he was not part of any of the agencies I signed with or my clients.
He sent a Trados package and a excel telling amount of words, packages, tasks, etc.
Here is the text from the email.

Hello,

There is a new job to be translated from English to Spanish. Pls find project package and analysis attached.
Do not change any tag and the file name .
If
... See more
I just received an email from this guy, English to Spanish.

It caught my attention because he was not part of any of the agencies I signed with or my clients.
He sent a Trados package and a excel telling amount of words, packages, tasks, etc.
Here is the text from the email.

Hello,

There is a new job to be translated from English to Spanish. Pls find project package and analysis attached.
Do not change any tag and the file name .
If you have any query, pls write it down on the query.

PLS run xbench before delivering it. Pay more attention to the following;
- Completeness of the content
- spelling mistakes
- punctuation
- numeric mistake
Delivery time: 17:00 pm on Nov 3,2019

if you have any question, pls feel free let me know.

I responded confirming availability prior to reading this post, and as I am writing it he asked for my rate. I guess I will just ignore him.

EDIT: I added an image of the Trados package:
scam example

[Edited at 2019-11-01 17:29 GMT]

[Edited at 2019-11-01 17:32 GMT]

[Edited at 2019-11-01 17:33 GMT]
Collapse

Sedat Limani
Regine7

Manuela C.
Manuela C.
English to French
+ ...
same on 1st November 2019 Nov 1, 2019

Thanks a lot,
please be aware that the IP address is the same as other similar scams: IP 209.85.220.41 - California. They create domains with a letter missing or other ommissions, this time it is: wawasandsetinynow.com. When asked about their public profile, they indicate the Proz profile.

This time it is a Trados package with a translation for Caterpillar, from English to French.

[Edited at 2019-11-01 18:22 GMT]

Sedat Limani

Sedat Limani
Sedat Limani  Identity Verified
Albania
Member (2008)
English to Albanian
+ ...
George Varughese <[email protected]> Nov 19, 2019

Dear colleagues!

Thank you for bringing up this and truly appreciate as same idiot just emailed us and asked for proofreading job into FR. Thanks to you we did not accept and send him back and also I black listed him. Meanwhile, I would like to post for another scammer (as usual from Nigeria) who scammed us 2 weeks ago and I would appreciate if you could give us some information where we can inform everybody about this.

Thanks and always thankful for sharing!
... See more
Dear colleagues!

Thank you for bringing up this and truly appreciate as same idiot just emailed us and asked for proofreading job into FR. Thanks to you we did not accept and send him back and also I black listed him. Meanwhile, I would like to post for another scammer (as usual from Nigeria) who scammed us 2 weeks ago and I would appreciate if you could give us some information where we can inform everybody about this.

Sedat L.
Collapse

Diana Gobran
Diana Gobran
Local time: 08:38
English to Arabic
+ ...
I translated 2 pages from English into Arabic for this scammer [email protected] Nov 24, 2019

George Varughese

in October, this e-mail sent me message for 2 pages pdf file to be translated from English -into Arabic to be delivered within few hours, unfortunately I made quick search for the domain and things looked fine, but after I sent him the translation he just disappeared and never replied and never paid.
apparently this man changes his e-mail or domain from time to time, because there wasn't much about it in October when I made my search.

But many th
... See more
George Varughese

in October, this e-mail sent me message for 2 pages pdf file to be translated from English -into Arabic to be delivered within few hours, unfortunately I made quick search for the domain and things looked fine, but after I sent him the translation he just disappeared and never replied and never paid.
apparently this man changes his e-mail or domain from time to time, because there wasn't much about it in October when I made my search.

But many thanks for clarifying
Collapse

Abdulrhim Ahmed
Regine7

Regine7
Regine7
France
Thank you for your post : I got fooled and I now blacklisted him Jan 3, 2020

Sedat Limani wrote:

Dear colleagues!

Sedat L.

Rahaf ziad
Rahaf ziad  Identity Verified
Syria
Local time: 09:38
Arabic to English
+ ...
Hello Jan 16, 2020

diana Awad wrote:

George Varughese

I translated for this guy and he disappeared.

I translated a legal agreement for him and the names of the clients are in the contract.
I contacted them and waiting for their reply.

Does the name of the client apprar in the translation you did.
We can contact them and ask them to contact this person in order to pay us

Diana Gobran
Diana Gobran
Local time: 08:38
English to Arabic
+ ...
yes Jan 18, 2020

Konbaz wrote:

diana Awad wrote:

George Varughese

I translated for this guy and he disappeared.

I translated a legal agreement for him and the names of the clients are in the contract.
I contacted them and waiting for their reply.

Does the name of the client apprar in the translation you did.
We can contact them and ask them to contact this person in order to pay us

yes, because the translated file was power of attorney for oil company
I sent message to the company but no reply, probably the company does not want to get involved in such problems

There is no moderator assigned specifically to this forum.
To report site rules violations or get help, please contact site staff »

scammer for jobs

CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »
Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »