Thread poster: Madeleine MacRae Klintebo
Madeleine MacRae Klintebo
Madeleine MacRae Klintebo  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 13:17
Swedish to English
+ ...
Mar 26, 2008

I've got an ASUS laptop and last night I installed Windows speech recognition and fiddled about a bit. Must have set the keyboard up for using the central keys as a calculator. Which keys have pressed? And how do fix it? Only way I can "write" now is by holding the Fn key down.

've g6t an ASS 3a-t6- and 3ast n5ght 5nsta33ed W5nd6ws s-eech rec6gn5t56n and f5dd3ed ab64t a b5t, 04st have set the 2eyb6ard 4- f6r 4s5ng the centra3 2eys as a ca3c43at6r, Wh5ch 2eys have -ressed?
... See more
I've got an ASUS laptop and last night I installed Windows speech recognition and fiddled about a bit. Must have set the keyboard up for using the central keys as a calculator. Which keys have pressed? And how do fix it? Only way I can "write" now is by holding the Fn key down.

've g6t an ASS 3a-t6- and 3ast n5ght 5nsta33ed W5nd6ws s-eech rec6gn5t56n and f5dd3ed ab64t a b5t, 04st have set the 2eyb6ard 4- f6r 4s5ng the centra3 2eys as a ca3c43at6r, Wh5ch 2eys have -ressed? And h6w d6 f5x 5t? n3y way can "wr5te" n6w 5s by h63d5ng the Fn 2ey d6wn,

ade3e5ne
Collapse

Heike Behl, Ph.D.
Heike Behl, Ph.D.  Identity Verified
Ireland
Member (2003)
English to German
+ ...
Num Lk? Mar 26, 2008

Did you hit the Number Lock key by mistake? 5f d6 that, get the f6336w5ng res43ts,,,,

To translate the last sentence: If I do that, I get the following results...

United Kingdom
Swedish to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thanks but... Mar 26, 2008

Heike Behl, Ph.D. wrote:

Did you hit the Number Lock key by mistake?

Nope, I*ve already tried pressing that one to no avail. Also in various combinations of Ctrl/Alt/Shift,

United Kingdom
Swedish to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Sorted Mar 26, 2008

"Fn + Num LK" did the trick. Only, I'm sure I'd tried it a number of times with no success... Anyroads, now it worked.

Thanks again Heike for pointing me in the right direction.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Help or he3-

Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »
TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »