Pages in topic:   < [1 2]
Which printer would you recommend (just starting out)?
Thread poster: Caroline Lakey
Brandis (X)
Brandis (X)
Local time: 13:19
English to German
+ ...
An all-rounder... Jun 12, 2008

Hi! it is worth the investment fax, scan, copy and print in color, HP j6488 that is my latest investment, saves desk space. Brandis

Madeleine MacRae Klintebo
Madeleine MacRae Klintebo  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 12:19
Swedish to English
+ ...
Be careful about HP if your using Vista Jun 12, 2008

Caroline Lakey wrote:
Putting everyone's views together, it sounds like a HP laser printer would be ideal, but that depends whether I feel I can justify the expense. Business head on and lots of calculating this evening I think! (Sad as I am, I actually quite enjoy that kind of thing.)

When I needed to buy a new laptop last year, I researched whether my other hardware and software would be compatible. HP's website informed me that my scanner (Scanjet 4670) was compatible. However, this was only partly true as you can see from this response from their customer services:

"HP not yet released full featured Software due to certain limitations . However, to make the Scanner to have some functionality HP release Basic drivers that enables you to use the Scanner."

My scanner came with an extra scanner for negatives, now this answer (in very broken English) informs this piece of kit is totally worthless! My HP used to be very good (prior to my migration to Vista), but until I get some kind of instructions (in understandable English) about how I can fully utilise all of the functions I paid for, there is no way I'll recommend it.

Pages in topic:   < [1 2]

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Which printer would you recommend (just starting out)?

CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »
Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »