Ergonomics resources
Thread poster: Damian Harrison (X)
Damian Harrison (X)
Damian Harrison (X)
Germany
Local time: 05:35
German to English
Jul 17, 2008

For any else suffering from back/wrist strain - Cornell has loads of resources on RSI and ergonomic office design here:

http://ergo.human.cornell.edu/CUEHinfo.html

I hope that's a help to someone.

Ivana Friis Søndergaard
Ivana Friis Søndergaard
United Kingdom
Local time: 04:35
Member (2008)
English to Danish
+ ...
Thanks, Damian Jul 17, 2008

I was just about to complain about my right shoulder and arm pain, but now you've ruined it

Damian Harrison (X)
Damian Harrison (X)
Germany
German to English
TOPIC STARTER
My index finger Jul 17, 2008

Yeah, I knew this would ruin someone's day...
My index finger is giving me hell today (I still haven't started that typing course...). I really must start with that very very soon...
Did you have any luck with the programme?

Ivana Friis Søndergaard
Ivana Friis Søndergaard
United Kingdom
Member (2008)
English to Danish
+ ...
Don't make it worse... Jul 17, 2008

I did start the typing course but then I got a job in with a tight deadline...

Maybe we should make progress reports, compete to see who learns it first, to get it done

FarkasAndras
FarkasAndras  Identity Verified
English to Hungarian
+ ...
typing course Jul 17, 2008

What typing course are you guys talking about here?
I'm just picking up touch typing myself (and I'm cursing at accented Hungarian letters profusely... those who work into English have it so easy).

[Edited at 2008-07-17 19:07]

Martin Wenzel
Martin Wenzel
Germany
English to German
+ ...
xxxx teaches typing Jul 18, 2008

Hi Harris,

I have the above CD not wanting to do any "Schleichwerbung" (camouflaged advertising).

It's in English and good fun, more like a computer game and supposed to also get your speed up.

I fooled around with it because I wanted to start a side line as a typist, however, it turned out that I sometimes have a hard time understanding what's being said on the tapes...

If you are interested I have version 15, it was around 50 Pounds 3 years a
... See more
Hi Harris,

I have the above CD not wanting to do any "Schleichwerbung" (camouflaged advertising).

It's in English and good fun, more like a computer game and supposed to also get your speed up.

I fooled around with it because I wanted to start a side line as a typist, however, it turned out that I sometimes have a hard time understanding what's being said on the tapes...

If you are interested I have version 15, it was around 50 Pounds 3 years ago. I would let you have it for a couple of quits.

Martin
Collapse

Damian Harrison (X)
Damian Harrison (X)
Germany
German to English
TOPIC STARTER
TypeFaster Jul 18, 2008

FarkasAndras, the prog mentioned above is called TypeFaster. It is a free typing tutorial available here:

http://www.typefastertypingtutor.com/

No idea how good it is, but perhaps Ivana and I can post progress reports in a TypeFaster thread? When we finally get around to trying the darn thing...

Wenz (...
See more
FarkasAndras, the prog mentioned above is called TypeFaster. It is a free typing tutorial available here:

http://www.typefastertypingtutor.com/

No idea how good it is, but perhaps Ivana and I can post progress reports in a TypeFaster thread? When we finally get around to trying the darn thing...

Wenz ( ), thanks very much for the offer. I'll try the freebie first and then get back to you!
Collapse

Ivana Friis Søndergaard
Ivana Friis Søndergaard
United Kingdom
Member (2008)
English to Danish
+ ...
Next week Jul 18, 2008

- I am definitely starting the typing course again! What I did was good, quite addictive (the only remedy is a deadline...).

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Ergonomics resources

Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »
Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »