Pages in topic:   < [1 2]
22" or a bigger TFT monitor? Any advantages?
Thread poster: MariusV
MDI-IDM
MDI-IDM
United States
Local time: 14:19
Spanish to English
+ ...
Monitors and Macs Jul 22, 2008

We got a 24" iMac last year and it's great, no more eyestrain, stiff neck, or sore back even after hours of work, and much faster than the Dell PC it replaced. Plus there is no machine noise and it occupies much less space than the PC. And I've had a Blackberry since April - I know exactly what e-mail I've received and I can open attachments and read them if I need to do so to reply immediately to clients. It's also very useful for interpreting work to check terms in IATE and other online databa... See more
We got a 24" iMac last year and it's great, no more eyestrain, stiff neck, or sore back even after hours of work, and much faster than the Dell PC it replaced. Plus there is no machine noise and it occupies much less space than the PC. And I've had a Blackberry since April - I know exactly what e-mail I've received and I can open attachments and read them if I need to do so to reply immediately to clients. It's also very useful for interpreting work to check terms in IATE and other online databases. Most of the time I don't even bother bringing the laptop any more. If you don't want the Blackberry to bleep and flash when you get SMSs or e-mails, just change the options.Collapse

cisternas
cisternas  Identity Verified
Local time: 11:19
English to Spanish
+ ...
22" screen, laptop, blackberry. Jul 22, 2008

I am a translator, but in first place a very busy mum (2 kids).

I work faster with the wide screen as I can have more than one document open at the same time.
With the laptop I move wherever I want (I am thinking on mobile internet at this moment).
With the blackberry I received the emails when I am not at home. I decide what is important or not and I can switch it off whenever I want.

I would say that all these things make my life easier.

Kind
... See more
I am a translator, but in first place a very busy mum (2 kids).

I work faster with the wide screen as I can have more than one document open at the same time.
With the laptop I move wherever I want (I am thinking on mobile internet at this moment).
With the blackberry I received the emails when I am not at home. I decide what is important or not and I can switch it off whenever I want.

I would say that all these things make my life easier.

Kind regards, Cristina
Collapse

Claudia Alvis
Claudia Alvis  Identity Verified
Peru
Local time: 09:19
Spanish
+ ...
1 large monitor vs 2 medium-sized monitors Jul 22, 2008

I wonder if anyone here has compared these two set-ups. I'm inclined to think that the 2-monitor set-up is much more convenient than using a large monitor and having to resize windows every so often.

Nicholas Stedman
Nicholas Stedman  Identity Verified
Italy
Local time: 15:19
French to English
monitor for laptop Jul 23, 2008

What is the most ergonomic way of attaching a large monitor to a laptop? Doesn't the laptop screen get in the way?? Or is is best to have a new USB keyboard as well. Does this configuration of a laptop + large monitor+keyboard work as well as a desktop?
Thanks for advice

Pages in topic:   < [1 2]

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

22" or a bigger TFT monitor? Any advantages?

Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »
Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »