Backlight gone on laptop - can anything be done?
Thread poster: Joanne Parker
Joanne Parker
Joanne Parker  Identity Verified
Local time: 21:07
Member (2002)
German to English
+ ...
May 16, 2003

Hello,

Not only did my hard drive die on my PC last month, but now the backlight has gone on my laptop (an IBM ThinkPad 600X). Translation is becoming an expensive business for me!

I can still use the laptop by attaching it to a monitor, but surely the point of a laptop is that it\'s light and easily portable

I\'ve been told that it\'s not worth paying to have my backlight fixed - has
... See more
Hello,

Not only did my hard drive die on my PC last month, but now the backlight has gone on my laptop (an IBM ThinkPad 600X). Translation is becoming an expensive business for me!

I can still use the laptop by attaching it to a monitor, but surely the point of a laptop is that it\'s light and easily portable

I\'ve been told that it\'s not worth paying to have my backlight fixed - has anyone else had this problem and what did you do?

Thanks,

Joanne
Collapse

Uldis Liepkalns
Uldis Liepkalns  Identity Verified
Latvia
Local time: 23:07
Member (2003)
English to Latvian
+ ...
Fixing my 15" screen backlight May 16, 2003

(replacing lamp)here in Latvia cost about

EUR 120. Not cheap, but definitely cheaper than new laptop
[addsig]

Caner (X)
Caner (X)
Turkish to English
+ ...
This is my third "notebook" :) May 16, 2003

I did and will have the fourth one

Luck

Quote:

On 2003-05-16 14:24, parker wrote:

Hello,

I can still use the laptop by attaching it to a mo... See more
I did and will have the fourth one

Luck

Quote:

On 2003-05-16 14:24, parker wrote:

Hello,

I\'ve been told that it\'s not worth paying to have my backlight fixed - has anyone else had this problem and what did you do?

Thanks,

Joanne

Collapse

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Backlight gone on laptop - can anything be done?

Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »
Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »