printer doesn't work - any suggestion?
Thread poster: Raffaella Cornacchini
Raffaella Cornacchini
Raffaella Cornacchini  Identity Verified
Local time: 15:09
English to Italian
+ ...
Dec 2, 2003

Hi everybody, since I'm no hardware/software wizard, I would appreciate any suggestion from PC experts out there.
I was recently given a new printer (Epson Stylus Photo 900)at work. After a couple of weeks when everything has run smoothly the stupid machine has gone on strike. The paper feeding is OK, the maching purrs and buzzes, everything seems fine, I do not get error warnings, but I get a sheet of perfectly blank paper. BTW the ink cartridge is full and I have Windows 2000 Professiona
... See more
Hi everybody, since I'm no hardware/software wizard, I would appreciate any suggestion from PC experts out there.
I was recently given a new printer (Epson Stylus Photo 900)at work. After a couple of weeks when everything has run smoothly the stupid machine has gone on strike. The paper feeding is OK, the maching purrs and buzzes, everything seems fine, I do not get error warnings, but I get a sheet of perfectly blank paper. BTW the ink cartridge is full and I have Windows 2000 Professional.
What should I do? Try to reinstall Windows?
Any help highly appreciated.
Raffa1
Collapse

Andrzej Lejman
Andrzej Lejman  Identity Verified
Poland
Member (2004)
German to Polish
+ ...
Not Windows!!! Dec 2, 2003

First of all, deinstall and reinstall the printer itself. The printer driver may have been damaged, whatever the reason could be. If this does not work, it very possible, that the print cartridge is out of order.
Good luck.
Andrzej

RWSTranslation
RWSTranslation
Germany
German to English
+ ...
ink cartridge Dec 2, 2003

Hello,

Maybe you can use the clean function of your printer.

Hans

achisholm
achisholm
United Kingdom
Local time: 14:09
Italian to English
+ ...
Printer properties etc. Dec 2, 2003

If you look in the printer properties (somewhere inside the printer folder in control panel) you should be able to find the icon for the printer (assuming it IS installed!!). By clicking on it there should be a whole bunch of information and utilities relating to the printer. One of them may be called something like utilities, which should give you the option of printing a test sheet. If this works, then at least you know windows can communicate with the printer and so there must be some other p... See more
If you look in the printer properties (somewhere inside the printer folder in control panel) you should be able to find the icon for the printer (assuming it IS installed!!). By clicking on it there should be a whole bunch of information and utilities relating to the printer. One of them may be called something like utilities, which should give you the option of printing a test sheet. If this works, then at least you know windows can communicate with the printer and so there must be some other problem downstream.Collapse

Hynek Palatin
Hynek Palatin  Identity Verified
Czech Republic
Member (2003)
English to Czech
+ ...
Ink cartridge Dec 2, 2003

Have you just installed a new cartridge? And did you follow the instructions - did you remove the protective tape from the cartridge?

Raffaella Cornacchini
Raffaella Cornacchini  Identity Verified
English to Italian
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
problem fixed - thanks to you all Dec 2, 2003

I have disinstalled and reinstalled the printer, then I have dowloaded all the Microsoft updatings available et voila, here it works again (don't ask me why).
I would really like to thank you all for your support - it's always nice to know there's a good Samaritan out there you can rely upon when you feel suicidal or hysterical...
raffa1

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

printer doesn't work - any suggestion?

Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »
Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »