Pages in topic:   < [1 2]
Any experiences with SSD (Solid-State-Drive)?
Thread poster: Matthias Brombach
Matthias Brombach
Matthias Brombach  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 23:44
Member (2007)
Dutch to German
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
I did it... Apr 13, 2013

...and it is amazing how much faster my system has grown! I have bought a Samsung 840 Series SSD of nearly the same size (250 GB) and mirroring with their software was easy. It now runs as the one and only main "drive" on my described machine. My concerns regarding licensing of all of my tools were without any reason, even Studio and Trados 2007 still run and my online back-up tool too. Deja Vu has become much more faster there, were I expected it, i.e. when processing bigger files with huge and... See more
...and it is amazing how much faster my system has grown! I have bought a Samsung 840 Series SSD of nearly the same size (250 GB) and mirroring with their software was easy. It now runs as the one and only main "drive" on my described machine. My concerns regarding licensing of all of my tools were without any reason, even Studio and Trados 2007 still run and my online back-up tool too. Deja Vu has become much more faster there, were I expected it, i.e. when processing bigger files with huge and multiple TMs. Even surfing the Internet has become faster. All in all I wonder how fast the system could have been with more RAM and having ideally a SATA 6 Gbps interface instead of my 3 Gbps, but anyway. Unfortunately the ventilator isn´t much more silent, even when only low computing power is required as can be seen in the task manager.
But generall no reason to buy a new Laptop for the next two years, I hope.
Thank you all for sharing your ideas, concerns and experiences!

Matthias
Collapse

Pages in topic:   < [1 2]

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Any experiences with SSD (Solid-State-Drive)?

Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »
Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »