ATIL KAYHAN
ATIL KAYHAN  Identity Verified
Türkiye
Local time: 14:07
Member (2007)
Turkish to English
+ ...
May 2, 2013

Did you know that today's smartphones have roughly the same computing power as the powerful desktops of 2005?

http://online.wsj.com/article/SB10001424127887323982704578455163211575512.html?mod=e2tw

Rolf Keller
Rolf Keller
Germany
Local time: 13:07
English to German
Computing power is only half the battle May 2, 2013

ATIL KAYHAN wrote:

Did you know that today's smartphones have roughly the same computing power as the powerful desktops of 2005?

Agree. But what about screen size & hard disc capacity? What about the multitasking features?

ATIL KAYHAN
ATIL KAYHAN  Identity Verified
Türkiye
Local time: 14:07
Member (2007)
Turkish to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Smartphone vs. Computer May 2, 2013

In my opinion, a smartphone can never beat a computer. The only question is how much of it can a smartphone imitate?

Daina Jauntirans
Daina Jauntirans  Identity Verified
Local time: 06:07
German to English
+ ...
Laptop replacement in some ways May 28, 2013

Usually when I am out and about away from the office or on vacation (when I don't need to do actual translations), I can carry my smartphone and answer e-mails, check files, agree to deadlines - basically do everything I used to need a laptop for. That's worth the price of admission to me.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Power of Smartphones

Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »
Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »