how can i browse using an external bluetooth device
Thread poster: olanree
olanree
olanree
Local time: 01:29
English
Apr 15, 2006

hi guys,
i tried browsing on my laptop via a bluetooth connection which i installed with the drive.
each time i try to connect to my sony erriccson k608i, it gives an error message that i should check the setting again. i used 9600 for the speed.
really appreciate if tips could be offered.

lanre

Jerzy Czopik
Jerzy Czopik  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 02:29
Member (2003)
Polish to German
+ ...
You have to be more precise Apr 15, 2006

Did you use your mobile to connect to the Internet?
What kind of problems do you encounter?
With 9600 bps you cannot expect the pages loading in seconds...

Best
Jerzy

Jo Macdonald
Jo Macdonald  Identity Verified
Spain
Italian to English
+ ...
First get the Bluetooth connection working Apr 15, 2006

Hi Olan,
I use a Bluetooth dongle to connect my laptop though the cellphone, and download/upload files between the 2. It can be a hassle to get things running smoothly but it’s well worth it. Just set the speed to max, it’s pretty fast when in a 3G zone.

About the bugs you can encounter setting it up.
Remember you have to use the software of the Bluetooth or phone to pair the two devices so they accept communication, you have to enter the same code on both when pairi
... See more
Hi Olan,
I use a Bluetooth dongle to connect my laptop though the cellphone, and download/upload files between the 2. It can be a hassle to get things running smoothly but it’s well worth it. Just set the speed to max, it’s pretty fast when in a 3G zone.

About the bugs you can encounter setting it up.
Remember you have to use the software of the Bluetooth or phone to pair the two devices so they accept communication, you have to enter the same code on both when pairing, and once paired you can tell the phone to automatically accept the connection from the PC by setting the PC as Authorised. Also make sure the Bluetooth on the phone is switched on, and the phone or PC aren’t hidden until they’re paired with the PC or they won’t be able to detect each other. Then search for other devices and pair with the right one when found.

You also have to install the services you want with the Bluetooth software on the PC, modem connection, file exchange, whatever. On mine I had a problem with the Microsoft Bluetooth driver, which clashed with the one of the D-Link dongle, so the connection didn’t work until I disabled the Microsoft driver. You can find things like that and how to solve them in the manual or on the web site of the Bluetooth dongle.

Once you get the Bluetooth connection sorted you can worry about configuring the phone for the Internet connection as a modem and configuring a mail client to send e-mail. For the first you might get an sms from your phone company to setup the phone for a data link with the server data, etc. For the second you can phone the phone co. and they should sort you out.

Let us know how you get on.

Mac

Jo Macdonald
Italian English Freelance Translation
Via Arno 14/G
47042 Cesenatico (FC) Italy
Phone +39 (0)547 675373
Web: http://italian-english-translation.my.proz.com
E-mail: [email protected]
ProZ profile: www.proz.com/pro/122941
Collapse

olanree
olanree
Local time: 01:29
English
TOPIC STARTER
how can i browse using an external bluetooth device Apr 16, 2006

thx guys or the suggestions,

i have actually successfully paired the bluetooth device with my laptop.and i can tranfer data from my phone to my computer and vis versa.
the problem i encounter comes in when i dial up the bluetooth connection to my phone , it displays connection for a while and goes and display the error message on the phone that the intenet connection is faulty. and tells me error 767 on my laptop. i have also tried to modify the configuartion in different ways
... See more
thx guys or the suggestions,

i have actually successfully paired the bluetooth device with my laptop.and i can tranfer data from my phone to my computer and vis versa.
the problem i encounter comes in when i dial up the bluetooth connection to my phone , it displays connection for a while and goes and display the error message on the phone that the intenet connection is faulty. and tells me error 767 on my laptop. i have also tried to modify the configuartion in different ways after much trobleshooting.

is there any place i could get the specific internet connection protocols?

thx guys once again
Collapse

Jerzy Czopik
Jerzy Czopik  Identity Verified
Germany
Member (2003)
Polish to German
+ ...
I'm afraid you are having problems with your Internet provider Apr 16, 2006

who does not accept the connection.
Befor I would change anything in my settings I would ask them for advice.

Best
Jerzy

Karin Adamczyk (X)
Karin Adamczyk (X)  Identity Verified
Canada
Local time: 20:29
French to English
I had similar problems Apr 16, 2006

olanree wrote:

the problem i encounter comes in when i dial up the bluetooth connection to my phone , it displays connection for a while and goes and display the error message on the phone that the intenet connection is faulty.

I had a heck of a time trying to get a connection to check my e-mail between my cell phone and HP iPAQ pocket PC. It turned out that my cell phone brand was not fully compatible with pocket Windows. I changed to a Motorola Razr phone and that worked on the first attempt.

I was also able to use the Bluetooth connection to transfer files between my phone and pocket PC -- the problem was in using the cell phone as a modem for an Internet connection.

You may want to check with the manufacturer of your cell phone to rule out this possibility. Getting this to work is definitely worth it.

Good luck,
Karin Adamczyk

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

how can i browse using an external bluetooth device

Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »
Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »