Scaner driver in Windows XP
Thread poster: Ruxi
Ruxi
Ruxi
German to Romanian
+ ...
Oct 26, 2006

I have a problem with my scaner. As I have now Windows XP on my computer I tried to set up again my scaner using a driver for XP.
The system is giving me a message that the hardware (scaner) is not compatible with XP and asks me wether to continue though the set up.
Can you tell me what happens if I decide to continue the set up? Would it damage the system, or the scaner, or maybe both? I just think it may work after all if I risk.
It is a pitty otherwise, because the scaner is
... See more
I have a problem with my scaner. As I have now Windows XP on my computer I tried to set up again my scaner using a driver for XP.
The system is giving me a message that the hardware (scaner) is not compatible with XP and asks me wether to continue though the set up.
Can you tell me what happens if I decide to continue the set up? Would it damage the system, or the scaner, or maybe both? I just think it may work after all if I risk.
It is a pitty otherwise, because the scaner is good and still functioning (it worked on Win ME).
Thank you in advance for the advice.
Collapse

Jerzy Czopik
Jerzy Czopik  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 19:06
Member (2003)
Polish to German
+ ...
Some easy steps to follow Oct 26, 2006

First, try to obtain a scanner driver for Windows XP from the scanner manufacturer page.
If this is the driver you are atempting to install and are getting this message, click OK to continue the installation process. Windows XP does set system recreation points automatically, so it wil do the same this time. To be on the very safe side generate such point yourself. To do so, go to Tools - System Tools (via Start menu) and chose "System recreation" (or similar, in German "Systemwiederherste
... See more
First, try to obtain a scanner driver for Windows XP from the scanner manufacturer page.
If this is the driver you are atempting to install and are getting this message, click OK to continue the installation process. Windows XP does set system recreation points automatically, so it wil do the same this time. To be on the very safe side generate such point yourself. To do so, go to Tools - System Tools (via Start menu) and chose "System recreation" (or similar, in German "Systemwiederherstellung"). Then follow the instructions on the screen.

Usually nothing will happen, if you install such driver. Everything should wokr quite fine.

Regards
Jerzy
Collapse

Andrzej Lejman
Andrzej Lejman  Identity Verified
Poland
Member (2004)
German to Polish
+ ...
Is your scanner one of Primax models? Oct 26, 2006

They don't support Win XP and Primax does not provide drivers for XP. I have given away two Primax scanners because they were useless with XP.

Regards

Andrzej

Ruxi
Ruxi
German to Romanian
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thank you Oct 26, 2006

Thank you Jerzy I will try it again, like you said.

Andrzej - my scanner is not Primax, but Mustek.
Unfortunately hardware change rapidly and are only build for a specific Windows generation, which is not so well.
As Jerzy said, it should work, because one can not buy a scanner for each Windows generation.

Thank you again.

[Edited at 2006-10-26 12:28]

Jerzy Czopik
Jerzy Czopik  Identity Verified
Germany
Member (2003)
Polish to German
+ ...
Check with your manufacturer Oct 26, 2006

Mustek for driver upgrade.

HTH
Jerzy

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Scaner driver in Windows XP

Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »
Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »