Thread poster: Attila Piróth
Attila Piróth
Attila Piróth  Identity Verified
France
Local time: 06:12
English to Hungarian
+ ...
Mar 6, 2007

Recently I had to change my HP 1000 printer to an HP 1018, which I installed according to the instructions. I defined it as the default printer. I use Win XP, Home Edition.
When I send a one-page job to the printer, it does it fine, and it will do another one-pager as well. However, when I send a 50-page document, it will print only a small part of it (max. 8 pages), and then stops. The file stays in the queue for a while with a "printing" status, and then disappears, as if the job had bee
... See more
Recently I had to change my HP 1000 printer to an HP 1018, which I installed according to the instructions. I defined it as the default printer. I use Win XP, Home Edition.
When I send a one-page job to the printer, it does it fine, and it will do another one-pager as well. However, when I send a 50-page document, it will print only a small part of it (max. 8 pages), and then stops. The file stays in the queue for a while with a "printing" status, and then disappears, as if the job had been completed. If I try to send another job to the printer it just won't take it: I have to restart it.
Has anyone experienced similar problems? Any ideas how to tackle it?
Attila
Collapse

Mikhail Yanchenko
Mikhail Yanchenko
Russian Federation
Local time: 09:12
English to Russian
+ ...
may be, deficit of printer memory? Mar 6, 2007

I had similar problem on laser HP printer when I printed files with drawings (big files, ca. 15 MB). The big file - only by partial printing, page by page separately. And bubblejet (even HP) don`t have such problem.

Attila Piróth
France
English to Hungarian
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Previous HP laser printer worked fine Mar 6, 2007

Mikhail Yanchenko wrote:

I had similar problem on laser HP printer when I printed files with drawings (big files, ca. 15 MB).

I had no problems with my HP 1000: it never behaved this way even when printing 80 MB files. Anyone using an HP 1018?
Attila

Maria Diaconu
Maria Diaconu  Identity Verified
Romania
Local time: 07:12
English to Romanian
HP printer stops after 2 pages Mar 8, 2007

I have exactly the same problem!
Except the printer is HP LaserJet 1320, and it stops after 2 pages, with exactly the same symptoms described by Attila.
It worked fine for several months, now it started behaving like that in just two days after reading the first posting in this thread...

Attila Piróth
France
English to Hungarian
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Problem resolved Mar 13, 2007

I tried to connect the printer to the computer using another USB cable - and it works like a charm: no problem to print 100 pages. Give it a try, Maria.
Attila

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

HP printer stops after 8 pages

Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »
TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »