Martine Soulet (X)
Martine Soulet (X)  Identity Verified
France
Local time: 00:12
English to French
+ ...
Jun 15, 2007

Hello everybody !

I have a problem with my HP PSC 2350. I had a paper jam yesterday and since then, nothing happens. I cancelled the paper jam, I tried to print something else but nothing. Still in paper jam status wherease no paper is blocked in it. I put it off all the night and this morning I finally succeeded to print one page but when I wanted to print another longer document, the paper jam status appeared again.

I had another HP PSC 2 years ago and from the momen
... See more
Hello everybody !

I have a problem with my HP PSC 2350. I had a paper jam yesterday and since then, nothing happens. I cancelled the paper jam, I tried to print something else but nothing. Still in paper jam status wherease no paper is blocked in it. I put it off all the night and this morning I finally succeeded to print one page but when I wanted to print another longer document, the paper jam status appeared again.

I had another HP PSC 2 years ago and from the moment it began doing paper jams, I had to change and buy a new one.

Did someone already had this kind of problem? Is there something I can do from the computer and/or directly on the all-in-one to correct the problem?

Thanks a lot
Martine
Collapse

Jalapeno
Jalapeno
English to German
... Jun 15, 2007

Have you tried HP's homepage?

This link could be useful. If it isn't, perhaps you could look around on HP's site to find something that is.

http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/document?docname=c00303920&lc=en&cc=us&dlc=&product=434551

HTH

PAS
PAS  Identity Verified
Polish to English
+ ...
HP problems Jun 15, 2007

I gave up on HP printers (for bulk work) mainly because of their notorious paper jammin'

It's likely that there is a small piece of paper stuck somewhere inside the printer. You may need to open it from the back (or take off any detachable pieces) and look for some small bit of paper stuck in between the works.

This happens especially if I had to yank the paper out of my printer by force.

HTH<
... See more
I gave up on HP printers (for bulk work) mainly because of their notorious paper jammin'

It's likely that there is a small piece of paper stuck somewhere inside the printer. You may need to open it from the back (or take off any detachable pieces) and look for some small bit of paper stuck in between the works.

HTH
Pawel Skalinski
Collapse

Martine Soulet (X)
France
English to French
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
thanks a lot but... Jun 15, 2007

Jalapeno wrote:

Have you tried HP's homepage?

This link could be useful. If it isn't, perhaps you could look around on HP's site to find something that is.

http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/document?docname=c00303920&lc=en&cc=us&dlc=&product=434551

HTH

I succeeded printing one page after going on the HP's homepage but the printer creates the paper jam itself... It takes the following sheet of paper and stops in the middle of it.

Martine Soulet (X)
France
English to French
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
that's what I'm thinking about Jun 15, 2007

PAS wrote:

HTH
Pawel Skalinski

But what kind of printer would be better to print everything at the same time : images, colours, photos... ?

Martine

Patricia Lane
Patricia Lane  Identity Verified
France
French to English
+ ...
love mine... Jun 15, 2007

Martine Soulet wrote:

But what kind of printer would be better to print everything at the same time : images, colours, photos... ?

Martine

After having had a bunch of different printers over the years, I am really happy with my Canon MPC 600F. It prints, copies, scans, and faxes, does a great job on high resolution images and so on. Plus it takes 4 ink cartriges (black + 3 colors), making it economical to use. In 6 years, I've never had any kind of problem.

Patricia

PAS
PAS  Identity Verified
Polish to English
+ ...
HP is fine as a printer Jun 15, 2007

The quality of the printouts is very good, but I cannot use it to print, say, 60 pages of something at draft quality because I know it will jam, or feed 6 pieces of paper at once or whatever.

And if I use good quality, then the cartridge lasts 2 weeks.
Also, high-end HP printers are good, but very expensive. It's the cheap home equipment that's, well, cheap.

So I kept my inkjet for colour stuff (mostly my wife's school work) and bought a b/w laser multi-function (
... See more
The quality of the printouts is very good, but I cannot use it to print, say, 60 pages of something at draft quality because I know it will jam, or feed 6 pieces of paper at once or whatever.

And if I use good quality, then the cartridge lasts 2 weeks.
Also, high-end HP printers are good, but very expensive. It's the cheap home equipment that's, well, cheap.

So I kept my inkjet for colour stuff (mostly my wife's school work) and bought a b/w laser multi-function (a Samsung) for larger printouts. We also use it as a copy machine - it lets you make copies without turning on the computer, which is handy.

P.A.S.

[Edited at 2007-06-15 12:22]
Collapse

Maxi Inge
Maxi Inge
Local time: 18:12
German to English
+ ...
type of paper? Jun 18, 2007

Sometimes the weight or type of paper will make a difference. I have two HP printers, a laser and a colour multipurpose and am happy with both. However, recently I wanted to use up some of my old very light weight paper and it was feeding through four or five sheets at a time.

My HP laser printer is a bit quirky. If it runs out of paper in the middle of a print job and I put in new paper, it continues signalling a problem. The solution seems consist of opening the front door a
... See more
Sometimes the weight or type of paper will make a difference. I have two HP printers, a laser and a colour multipurpose and am happy with both. However, recently I wanted to use up some of my old very light weight paper and it was feeding through four or five sheets at a time.

My HP laser printer is a bit quirky. If it runs out of paper in the middle of a print job and I put in new paper, it continues signalling a problem. The solution seems consist of opening the front door and closing it again. Then the HP "thinks" that it has been "fixed", blinks green, and starts printing.
Collapse

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

printer problem: paper jam status doesn't stop

Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »
Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »