Faxing problems
Thread poster: Kim Metzger
Kim Metzger
Kim Metzger  Identity Verified
Mexico
Local time: 06:53
German to English
Jun 23, 2007

Hi all - I just bought a super-duper All-In-One machine - the Lexmark X5470. It prints, copies, scans and faxes. Everything is working fine except for the ability to receive faxes. Sending is no problem.

I was wondering if there's anyone out there who'd be willing to send me a one-page test fax. I live in Mexico, so I assume it would be too expensive to fax from anywhere other than North or Central America. If anybody's willing to help out, my number is 52 333 604-9781

... See more
Hi all - I just bought a super-duper All-In-One machine - the Lexmark X5470. It prints, copies, scans and faxes. Everything is working fine except for the ability to receive faxes. Sending is no problem.

I was wondering if there's anyone out there who'd be willing to send me a one-page test fax. I live in Mexico, so I assume it would be too expensive to fax from anywhere other than North or Central America. If anybody's willing to help out, my number is 52 333 604-9781

Best wishes, Kim
Collapse

Nicole Schnell
Nicole Schnell  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 05:53
English to German
+ ...
In memoriam
Hi Kim Jun 23, 2007

I just sent a test fax. The printing report claims that it went through okay.

Best,

Nicole

Kim Metzger
Mexico
German to English
TOPIC STARTER
Hallelujah! Jun 23, 2007

Thanks, Nicole! It worked. One more worry off my shoulders.

Many thanks.

Sherey Gould
Sherey Gould  Identity Verified
German to English
one state down from Nicole Jun 24, 2007

Hi, Kim - I thought I would try to fax you just now (Sat. eve 8:20 p.m.) from one state down from Nicole (I'm in California). After dialing and getting the fax tone, your name came up in the display ("KIM METZGER") but then the fax would not go through, claiming "Line Error" -- so don't know what to tell you here... I hope you get a few more tries, especially from a different geographical location (Eastern Seaboard?)
Good luck,
Sherey
P.S. I'll try again tomorrow, too, just in
... See more
Hi, Kim - I thought I would try to fax you just now (Sat. eve 8:20 p.m.) from one state down from Nicole (I'm in California). After dialing and getting the fax tone, your name came up in the display ("KIM METZGER") but then the fax would not go through, claiming "Line Error" -- so don't know what to tell you here... I hope you get a few more tries, especially from a different geographical location (Eastern Seaboard?)
Good luck,
Sherey
P.S. I'll try again tomorrow, too, just in case it was a one-time fluke, okay?
Collapse

Brandis (X)
Brandis (X)
Local time: 14:53
English to German
+ ...
send a local fax to your own comp.. Jun 24, 2007

Hi Q! you have so many resources at your finger tips, why not just read the tech. manual, considering it as a proof-reading job, you would for sure win lexmark as your service buyer. Take a local print, if your unit has it´s own NIC check which IP the gadget it has been assigned to and link it in your networking connecting pool as shared variant, and send your self a a print via fax!! fairly simple to me. Brandis

Kim Metzger
Mexico
German to English
TOPIC STARTER
Everything's hunky dory Jun 24, 2007

Hi Sherey - thank you for the offer, but everything's working fine now. I got two more faxes from colleagues after Nicole sent hers.

P.S. Maybe you got a line error because you were trying to send a fax at the same time as Johanna or Harry?

Best wishes, Kim

[Edited at 2007-06-24 18:58]

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Faxing problems

Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »
Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »