And yet another machine translator that could take us out of business ... NOT!
Thread poster: Claudia Alvis
Claudia Alvis
Claudia Alvis  Identity Verified
Peru
Local time: 08:37
Spanish
+ ...
Sep 21, 2007

Still not worried. At least this thing goes one step further in the 'Useless MT' category: it has DTP capabilities

The translating copier

"promising to take a Japanese document and spit out a English, Chinese, or Korean translation on the fly [...] could well result in some unintentionally hilarious copies. [...] the device also promises to preserve the original layout of the documents copied, with it ap
... See more
Still not worried. At least this thing goes one step further in the 'Useless MT' category: it has DTP capabilities

The translating copier

"promising to take a Japanese document and spit out a English, Chinese, or Korean translation on the fly [...] could well result in some unintentionally hilarious copies. [...] the device also promises to preserve the original layout of the documents copied, with it apparently making use of some special algorithms to distinguish between text, lines and images"

Link
Collapse

mediamatrix (X)
mediamatrix (X)
Local time: 09:37
Spanish to English
+ ...
Here's a link that works ... Sep 21, 2007

http://www.engadget.com/2007/09/21/fuji-xerox-touts-language-translating-photocopier

Claudia Alvis
Claudia Alvis  Identity Verified
Peru
Local time: 08:37
Spanish
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Broken link Sep 21, 2007

Thank you mediamatrix.

Giuseppina Gatta, MA (Hons)
Giuseppina Gatta, MA (Hons)
English to Italian
+ ...
Language translating photocopier Sep 22, 2007

This will definitely convince that client of mine, which thought I translate using a fax machine (this really happened to me!), that she was right!

[Modificato alle 2007-09-22 03:20]

TradRus
TradRus
Spain
Local time: 15:37
Member (2007)
Spanish to Russian
+ ...
Now I know how they did it! Sep 22, 2007

Giuseppina Gatta wrote:

This will definitely convince that client of mine, which thought I translate using a fax machine (this really happened to me!), that she was right!

[Modificato alle 2007-09-22 03:20]

I have recently found a web page translated into several languages by some machine translator or other, and at least the Spanish version is so strange that I wondered how they did it. Now I understand, they just used a fax machine!
I attach the link to the Spanish version, though I think other language versions may be funny too... http://www.vaitman.com/sitemap-es.html
What really wonders me is the fact that some people strongly believe in the high quality of these "translations"!

Viktoria Gimbe
Viktoria Gimbe  Identity Verified
Canada
Local time: 09:37
English to French
+ ...
Faites-vous cette cardio-erreur? Sep 22, 2007

I swear, that's what is written there... Please see www.vaitman.com for the most hilarious jokes I've seen in a long time. The post above mine says you can find translations on this site, but it's wrong. What you can find there are jokes so funny you'll pee your pants.

Here's but a taste to get you drooling:

Une cardio- séance d'entraînement de snobs

Pendant que je l
... See more
I swear, that's what is written there... Please see www.vaitman.com for the most hilarious jokes I've seen in a long time. The post above mine says you can find translations on this site, but it's wrong. What you can find there are jokes so funny you'll pee your pants.

Here's but a taste to get you drooling:

Une cardio- séance d'entraînement de snobs

Pendant que je lis attentivement les pages de diverses questions de vacances de mes magasins préférés de forme physique/womens I notent beaucoup d'articles concernant les avantages du yoga de pratique à ce stressant pour chronométrer de l'année. Le risque de ressembler à d'un cardio- snob, si j'ai 30 minutes par jour (si je suis chanceux) et moi doivent atteindre dans un équipement spécial dans environ un mois et une moitié.
Collapse

Elisabete Cunha
Elisabete Cunha  Identity Verified
Portugal
Local time: 14:37
Member (2006)
English to Portuguese
+ ...
The so-called portuguese version is also interesting... Sep 23, 2007

Only this to make me laugh at 6h20 in the morning without having any sleep

Please read it, for the sake of your skin!

A verdade sobre o cuidado da pele do Acne
Vamos enfrentá-lo, você estão acoplados em uma batalha ongoing quando você afflicted com acne. Quando os tratamentos do acne para um exemplo suave do acne forem geralmente
... See more
Only this to make me laugh at 6h20 in the morning without having any sleep

Please read it, for the sake of your skin!

A verdade sobre o cuidado da pele do Acne
Vamos enfrentá-lo, você estão acoplados em uma batalha ongoing quando você afflicted com acne. Quando os tratamentos do acne para um exemplo suave do acne forem geralmente bem sucedidos, o acne moderado é um problema mais grande.
Collapse

Angie Garbarino
Angie Garbarino  Identity Verified
Local time: 15:37
Member (2003)
French to Italian
+ ...
The Italian version Sep 23, 2007

I swear, I don't understand

"Sforzo che causa la gente “al formato eccellente„
Sforzo che causa la gente “al formato eccellente„ dalla CC del Georgianna Donadio
Sforzo & Burnout: Il fattore adrenale
Ero uno psychotherapist per gli anni prima che ottenessi implicato nei movimenti holistic.
Oltre lo sforzo di successo - accedere alla vostra zona prospera
Entusiasmo genuino.
... See more
I swear, I don't understand

"Sforzo che causa la gente “al formato eccellente„
Sforzo che causa la gente “al formato eccellente„ dalla CC del Georgianna Donadio
Sforzo & Burnout: Il fattore adrenale
Ero uno psychotherapist per gli anni prima che ottenessi implicato nei movimenti holistic.
Oltre lo sforzo di successo - accedere alla vostra zona prospera
Entusiasmo genuino.
20 sensi spostare preoccupazione in energia attraente
Vibrazioni positive preoccupar, dei blocchi grandi o piccoli dall'entrare nel vostro regno. Più lungo il comportamento, più profonde le radici, il più duro escludere."

[Edited at 2007-09-23 16:10]
Collapse

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

And yet another machine translator that could take us out of business ... NOT!

Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »
TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »