motherboard problem CMOS not detecting cpu
Thread poster: Mark Pezzotta
Mark Pezzotta
Mark Pezzotta
English
Sep 29, 2007

I just got a new machspeed motherboard and installed it with ram a new fan and an intel core 2 duo cpu. i booted up my computer underneath all the connected drives it says WARNING! CPU has been changed. please re-enter cpu settings in the CMOS and remember to save before you quit!...i dont get this because all my parts are new. Also when i click continue it will go to the os that i have to run it on and its win xp. if i click on anyone of them..ex. Safe Mode, start windows normally,ect. it will... See more
I just got a new machspeed motherboard and installed it with ram a new fan and an intel core 2 duo cpu. i booted up my computer underneath all the connected drives it says WARNING! CPU has been changed. please re-enter cpu settings in the CMOS and remember to save before you quit!...i dont get this because all my parts are new. Also when i click continue it will go to the os that i have to run it on and its win xp. if i click on anyone of them..ex. Safe Mode, start windows normally,ect. it will show the winxp loading bar for like a millisecond then it will boot up to the beginning again. f8(to enable system configuration) and f9)to select booting device after POST) will not work. So basiclly im not sure what to do now..people have told me to clear my CMOS and i did, but the same thing happened again.Collapse

ozan karakış
ozan karakış
Türkiye
Local time: 17:47
English to Turkish
+ ...
let me get that clear Sep 29, 2007

you installed a new CPU and did not reinstall Win XP (or else). Correct?

If so, I think you just have to reinstall Win XP (or else).
When you install the OS, all your hardware are intruduced to each other and replacing a very very important part is not an issue of clap and fix deal.

Maybe other ways to overcome your problem but I suggest and believe; you need to reinstall.

Ozan

[Değişiklik saati 2007-09-29 08:31]

[Değişiklik saati
... See more
you installed a new CPU and did not reinstall Win XP (or else). Correct?

If so, I think you just have to reinstall Win XP (or else).
When you install the OS, all your hardware are intruduced to each other and replacing a very very important part is not an issue of clap and fix deal.

Maybe other ways to overcome your problem but I suggest and believe; you need to reinstall.

Ozan

[Değişiklik saati 2007-09-29 08:31]

[Değişiklik saati 2007-09-29 08:32]
Collapse

petr jaeger
petr jaeger
Local time: 16:47
md not detecting cpu Sep 29, 2007

that is not possible, since you're already booting to XP. So you have a new comp? Or did you take out your old hard disk and put it in the new comp? It might just need to re-install the system

cheers
Petr

Mark Pezzotta
Mark Pezzotta
English
TOPIC STARTER
yes Sep 30, 2007

i've actually put in winxp cd but it doesnt load...its problly not a compatible motherboard. Yes i took my old hard drive and put it in my new system that i built. Oh, and if i have to clear my hard drive how would i do that without a system,and if i have to reinstall a new winxp do i boot the cd at the boot screen?
-thanks
mark

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

motherboard problem CMOS not detecting cpu

CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »
Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »