Carlos Alvarez  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 05:37
Member (2005)
French to English
+ ...
Oct 18, 2007

Hello,
I bought a Packard Bell Imedia H5315 in France. I would now like to upgrade the memory. When I go to the Packard Bell online memory configurator it says "the motherboard of your computer is unknown. Therefore the memory scanner is unable to select the right memory to upgrade your system". I then Googled "Packard Bell H5315 memory" and
... See more
Hello,
I bought a Packard Bell Imedia H5315 in France. I would now like to upgrade the memory. When I go to the Packard Bell online memory configurator it says "the motherboard of your computer is unknown. Therefore the memory scanner is unable to select the right memory to upgrade your system". I then Googled "Packard Bell H5315 memory" and ended up with this webpage from Memory Ten: http://www.memoryx.net/imedia5315.html. So it would appear I have found the memory I need, but I feel uneasy about buying it for the following reasons: the Memory Ten page says there are only two slots, but the Packard Bell online configurator said there are four, two of which are empty, and I have had a look inside, and there are indeed two empty slots. Also, why can't the Packard Bell configurator recognise its own machine, which has not been altered since I bought it? Both the French and UK configurators gave the same result. Perhaps my machine isn't suitable for upgrading.
Any tips would be much appreciated.

Carlos.
Collapse

Shai Navé
Shai Navé  Identity Verified
Israel
Local time: 07:37
English to Hebrew
+ ...
Use PCWizard Oct 18, 2007

Hi Carlos.
There are some softwares hat can give you specific details regrading your Hardware. One of these is softwares is PCWIZARD (to download - http://www.cpuid.com/download/pcw2008_v180.zip)
After you download the file, extract it to a folder of your choice. Than navigate to this folder and start the software.
In the main screen of the software, you will be able to s
... See more
Hi Carlos.
There are some softwares hat can give you specific details regrading your Hardware. One of these is softwares is PCWIZARD (to download - http://www.cpuid.com/download/pcw2008_v180.zip)
After you download the file, extract it to a folder of your choice. Than navigate to this folder and start the software.
In the main screen of the software, you will be able to see a system summary of you system. Your motherboard model should appear there, along with other useful information. You will be able to search this model at the manufacturer site and than find out how many memory slots you have free and what kind of memory this Motherboard supports.
If you need any advice or help just ask, and post your Motherboard model in Here.
I hope that it will help you
Collapse

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Upgrading memory

Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »
Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »