Search Engine Optimization for Translators
Thread poster: Melanie Di-Costanzo
Melanie Di-Costanzo
Melanie Di-Costanzo  Identity Verified
Germany
German to French
Apr 9, 2016

Hello everybody,

Last month, I went to the Translation and Localization Conference in Warsaw. I hold a workshop about SEO there. It was a lot of fun. I love everything related to the internet, digital knowledge and search engine optimization.

Since the workshop, I have posted 6 videos (youtube) about different SEO topics related to our work as linguists (translators and copywriters).

I would be very happy to hear your thoughts on this subject.
Is
... See more
Hello everybody,

Last month, I went to the Translation and Localization Conference in Warsaw. I hold a workshop about SEO there. It was a lot of fun. I love everything related to the internet, digital knowledge and search engine optimization.

Since the workshop, I have posted 6 videos (youtube) about different SEO topics related to our work as linguists (translators and copywriters).

I would be very happy to hear your thoughts on this subject.
Is it something that your clients already asked you about? Is there some topics that you'd want to know more about?

Here is the website: www.translators-learn-seo.com
and here the youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCT7Izl66GIqQkbmNlSgyvNw?nohtml5=False

Feedback is appreciated

Looking forward to hear from you,

Melanie
Collapse

Anton Konashenok
Anton Konashenok  Identity Verified
Czech Republic
Local time: 11:52
French to English
+ ...
Are you sure you picked the correct medium? Apr 9, 2016

Different people have different dominant modalities of perception, but there is a certain correlation between one's profession and one's dominant modality. Personally, I find watching video utterly counterproductive when I can read a printed text instead, and I strongly suspect that quite a few translators think the same - after all, text is what we eat for breakfast.
Another problem is that linguists are especially sensitive to errors in the language, and sorry, your English sounds too no
... See more
Different people have different dominant modalities of perception, but there is a certain correlation between one's profession and one's dominant modality. Personally, I find watching video utterly counterproductive when I can read a printed text instead, and I strongly suspect that quite a few translators think the same - after all, text is what we eat for breakfast.
Another problem is that linguists are especially sensitive to errors in the language, and sorry, your English sounds too non-native to be comfortable, which wouldn't have happened in a printed text.
Collapse

Melanie Di-Costanzo
Melanie Di-Costanzo  Identity Verified
Germany
German to French
TOPIC STARTER
Printed text Apr 10, 2016

Hello Anton,

Thank you for your feedback.
Well, you are right, text is what we eat for breakfast! This is why every time I publish a video, I also write a blog post. While the video is intended to be a short introduction to a specific topic, the text goes more in depth.

This is for the one who prefer reading than watching, want more information or might be bothered by my frenchy accent
... See more
Hello Anton,

Thank you for your feedback.
Well, you are right, text is what we eat for breakfast! This is why every time I publish a video, I also write a blog post. While the video is intended to be a short introduction to a specific topic, the text goes more in depth.

This is for the one who prefer reading than watching, want more information or might be bothered by my frenchy accent

Wishing you a lovely sunday,
Melanie
Collapse

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Search Engine Optimization for Translators

CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »
Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »