Japanese fonts
Thread poster: Nsxmark
Nsxmark
Nsxmark
Japanese to English
Jan 22, 2002

Does anyone know where I can get some Japanese fonts for MS Word or a program that has cool Jap fonts? I\'m particularly intersted in the calligraphy ones. Thanks in advance!

Mark

Galina Nielsen
Galina Nielsen  Identity Verified
Denmark
Local time: 22:14
English to Russian
+ ...
Japanese fonts: site addresses Jan 22, 2002

http://user.dtcc.edu/~berlin/font/japanese.htm

http://babel.uoregon.edu/yamada/fonts/japanese.html (including fonts for Mac)

Calligraphy needs digging some deeper, I\'ll return to that.

Squi

Stephen Franke
Stephen Franke
United States
Local time: 13:14
English to Arabic
+ ...
Get MS Windows 2000 or XP & Instal Japanese support feature Jan 22, 2002

Greetings.

Perhaps easiest if you get MS Windows 2000 or XP and install the \"Japanese Support\" that is included in the Multilanguage Support feature inside the basic CD.

Both systems are based on UNICODE for such support (Microsoft got smart and abandoned another, internal code after MS Win 98 MS ME).

If you want to make your OS really sophisticated and multifunctional, get the bilingual EN Japanese version of MS Office 2000 or MS
... See more
Greetings.

Perhaps easiest if you get MS Windows 2000 or XP and install the \"Japanese Support\" that is included in the Multilanguage Support feature inside the basic CD.

Both systems are based on UNICODE for such support (Microsoft got smart and abandoned another, internal code after MS Win 98 MS ME).

If you want to make your OS really sophisticated and multifunctional, get the bilingual EN Japanese version of MS Office 2000 or MS Office XP (aka 2002).

I recently saw a large file done in Japanese PowerPoint 2000; that was very impressive.

HTH.

Regards from Los Angeles,

Stephen H. Franke

(English Arabic,

Kurdish, and Farsi)
Collapse

Stephen Franke
Stephen Franke
United States
Local time: 13:14
English to Arabic
+ ...
Get MS Windows 2000 or XP & Instal Japanese support feature Jan 22, 2002

Greetings.

Both systems are based on UNICODE for such support (Microsoft got smart and abandoned another, internal code after MS Win 98 & MS ME).

If you want to make your OS really sophisticated and multifunctional, get the bilingual EN Japanese version of MS Office 2000 or
... See more
Greetings.

Both systems are based on UNICODE for such support (Microsoft got smart and abandoned another, internal code after MS Win 98 & MS ME).

If you want to make your OS really sophisticated and multifunctional, get the bilingual EN Japanese version of MS Office 2000 or MS Office XP (aka 2002).

I recently saw a large file done in Japanese PowerPoint 2000; that was very impressive.

HTH.

Regards from Los Angeles,

Stephen H. Franke

(English Arabic,

Kurdish, and Farsi)
Collapse

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Japanese fonts

Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »
Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »