"Kyooiku Chokugo" also known as "The Imperial Rescript on Education".
Thread poster: Will Matter
Will Matter
Will Matter  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 14:06
English
+ ...
Apr 18, 2005

I am looking for a copy of what is known in Japanese as the "Kyooiku Chokugo". One standard English translation for this is "The Imperial Rescript on Education". This is something that pre-WWII Japanese children would recite every morning and it starts with "Chin omou ni waga kooso koosoo kuni wo hajimuru koto kooen ni...". Preferably, i'd like to see it as originally written in Japanese with transcription and translation attached. Thanks for any help at all, this might not be easy to find.

Roberto Tokuda
Roberto Tokuda  Identity Verified
Local time: 18:06
Member (2005)
Japanese to Spanish
+ ...
Here is! Apr 18, 2005

willmatter wrote:

I am looking for a copy of what is known in Japanese as the "Kyooiku Chokugo". One standard English translation for this is "The Imperial Rescript on Education". This is something that pre-WWII Japanese children would recite every morning and it starts with "Chin omou ni waga kooso koosoo kuni wo hajimuru koto kooen ni...". Preferably, i'd like to see it as originally written in Japanese with transcription and translation attached. Thanks for any help at all, this might not be easy to find.

http://www.geocities.co.jp/WallStreet-Bull/1028/tyokugo.html

sarahl (X)
sarahl (X)
English to French
+ ...
Thank you garfield Apr 18, 2005

this is priceless.

kashiko,

Sarah

Will Matter
Will Matter  Identity Verified
United States
English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thank you. Apr 18, 2005

Thanks. I've been looking for this for a little while, thanks for your help.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

"Kyooiku Chokugo" also known as "The Imperial Rescript on Education".

Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »
TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »