Leaving my position as a Co-Mod of this Forum
Thread poster: Aurora Humarán (X)
Liliana Ayllon
Liliana Ayllon  Identity Verified
Local time: 14:34
English to Spanish
+ ...
Miss you a lot Jun 13, 2006

...you are one of the persons who turns this site not only more human, but also more friendly...

I absolutely agree!

We´ll miss you a lot!

Liliana.

Luisa Ramos, CT
Luisa Ramos, CT  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 13:34
English to Spanish
Nos quedamos cojos Jun 13, 2006

Como yo te catalogo como uno de los pilares de Proz, diría que nos quedamos "cojos". Que para bien sea; siempre me he preguntado si serías Superwoman y cómo te da tiempo para tanto que contribuyes, porque "estás en todas". Esperamos verte por otros foros y rincones de Proz, leer tus artículos, tus comentarios y tus aportes. Buena suerte.
(I am sorry my entry is in Spanish.)

[Edited at 2006-06-13 20:55]

Roomy Naqvy
Roomy Naqvy  Identity Verified
India
Local time: 23:04
English to Hindi
+ ...
in another tongue... Jun 13, 2006

Luisa Ramos wrote:

Como yo te catalogo como uno de los pilares de Proz, diría que nos quedamos "cojos". Que para bien sea; siempre me he preguntado si serías Superwoman y cómo te da tiempo para tanto que contribuyes, porque "estás en todas". Esperamos verte por otros foros y rincones de Proz, leer tus artículos, tus comentarios y tus aportes. Buena suerte.

[Edited at 2006-06-13 19:12]

Dear Luisa,
Aurora knew Spanish but I don't. Suppose someone wrote in Hindi and Aurora had to read it!!! So, I don't know what is it that you wrote [I'll use an internet machine translation program to find out] but I guess it is nothing controversial and that it only means best wishes for Aurora.
Roomy

JaneTranslates
JaneTranslates  Identity Verified
Puerto Rico
Spanish to English
+ ...
Translation for Roomy and all Jun 13, 2006

Roomy Naqvy wrote:

Luisa Ramos wrote:

[Edited at 2006-06-13 19:12]

Dear Luisa,
Aurora knew Spanish but I don't. Suppose someone wrote in Hindi and Aurora had to read it!!! So, I don't know what is it that you wrote [I'll use an internet machine translation program to find out] but I guess it is nothing controversial and that it only means best wishes for Aurora.
Roomy

Translation of Luisa's post:

Since I classify you as one of the pillars of Proz, I would say that we have been "crippled." I hope it's for the best; I've always wondered if you are Superwoman, and how you find time for everything that you contribute, because you're everywhere! We hope to see you in other forums and elsewhere in Proz, read your articles, your comments and your contributions. Good luck. [Perdón por escribir en español.]

Luisa Ramos, CT
Luisa Ramos, CT  Identity Verified
United States
English to Spanish
Thank you, Jane Jun 13, 2006

Thanks for translating. Could not have said better myself! Sorry, Roony; I usually post in the Spanish forum and I was on "automatic" mode when I posted my message to Aurora. It was not my intention to leave anybody out; it was my mistake and I apologize.

Roomy Naqvy
Roomy Naqvy  Identity Verified
India
Local time: 23:04
English to Hindi
+ ...
its all right... Jun 13, 2006

Ah, no need for apologies...I went to an online translation software immediately after replying to your post and realized it said pretty good things... about Aurora, which were all true.

Enjoy!!

JaneTranslates
JaneTranslates  Identity Verified
Puerto Rico
Spanish to English
+ ...
You're very welcome, Luisa Jun 13, 2006

Luisa Ramos wrote:

Thanks for translating.

I hope it meets your standards. It's a little scary translating for translators. BTW, congrats on your ATA certification!

Angel Biojo
Angel Biojo
United States
Local time: 10:34
English to Spanish
Sorry to see you go Jun 14, 2006

Aurora, I am really sorry to see you go. You certainly did an excellent job. We all will miss you.

Angel

Estefanía González
Estefanía González  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 17:34
English to Spanish
+ ...
:-( Jun 14, 2006

It is a pity to see you go…

Anyway, thanks for sharing your thoughts about literature and for your enriching contributions.

Un abrazo,

Estefanía

Ines Garcia Botana
Ines Garcia Botana  Identity Verified
English to Spanish
+ ...
We will miss you Jun 15, 2006

I think it is really a pity to see you go, to see you leave this forum.

Whenever a hard working member leaves, the other members are left in great grief, I think Proz will come off worst.

I also believe you must have strong reasons.

Thank you for having shared your thoughts with us.

Good luck!

Inés

Graciela Carlyle
Graciela Carlyle  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 17:34
English to Spanish
+ ...
Things have to be the way they have to be Jun 15, 2006

Aurora,
I know all the effort you've put into the site and realise that you must have very good reasons to leave as moderator.
It's just another stage, isn't it?

I hope you'll still be around

All the best,
Grace

Aurora Humarán (X)
Aurora Humarán (X)  Identity Verified
Argentina
English to Spanish
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
. Jun 20, 2006

Thank you so very much for your kind words.

Aurora

Pages in topic:   < [1 2]

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Leaving my position as a Co-Mod of this Forum

Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »
TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »