Malgorzata Ostrowska
Malgorzata Ostrowska  Identity Verified
Poland
Local time: 22:31
English to Polish
+ ...
Mar 15, 2007

Hello!
I am looking for an English translation of 2 sentences from the book by Julio Cortazar:
In the original it goes:
"En un pueblo de Escocia venden libros con una página en blanco
perdida en algún lugar del volumen. Si un lector desemboca en esa página
al dar las tres de la tarde, muere."

These are the 2 opening sentences of the chapter "Instructions on or rather Examples of how to be afraid".

I do not know Spanish, thus will not ven
... See more
Hello!
I am looking for an English translation of 2 sentences from the book by Julio Cortazar:
In the original it goes:

These are the 2 opening sentences of the chapter "Instructions on or rather Examples of how to be afraid".

I do not know Spanish, thus will not venture to translate it from my mother tongue (Polish). Yet, I do not have access to the English translation of the book, but perhaps someone of you has it sitting on a bookshelf and would be so kind to copy it for me?

I need the translation for a webpage of my friend who is a photographer (www.szymonzdzieblo.pl). He has the lines as a motto. I do the translation for free, and would like to do it properly

I know of an existin translation by Paul Blackburn, 1969... ISBN: 0714525197, 0714525200

hope you can help me
goost

[Edited at 2007-03-15 18:16]
Collapse

nukuko
nukuko
English to French
Cortazar's translation Aug 1, 2007

Hi, I'm not professional of translation, but I think I can help you. The text says something like this:

"In a Scottish village they sell books with one non written page lost somewhere in the volume. If a reader ends at this page at three o'clock, he dies"

Malgorzata Ostrowska wrote:

Hello!
In the original it goes:

I do not know Spanish, thus will not venture to translate it from my mother tongue (Polish). Yet, I do not have access to the English translation of the book, but perhaps someone of you has it sitting on a bookshelf and would be so kind to copy it for me?

I need the translation for a webpage of my friend who is a photographer (www.szymonzdzieblo.pl). He has the lines as a motto. I do the translation for free, and would like to do it properly

I know of an existin translation by Paul Blackburn, 1969... ISBN: 0714525197, 0714525200

hope you can help me
goost

[Edited at 2007-03-15 18:16]

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Cortazar's Cronopios and Famas in English

CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »
Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »