Off topic: Can someone point me to Brodsky poem (Presentation (of Jesus in the Temple)) in original Russian?
Thread poster: egroeg
egroeg
egroeg
English to French
+ ...
Jul 23, 2007

Can someone point me to a web page where I can find the poem in Russian language by Brodsky titled (in English) The Presentation (of Jesus in the Temple)? This poem is inspired by a passage from the Gospel according to Luke which includes the Song of Simeon, also known as the Nunc Dimittis.

The poem was written in Russian and I am looking for the Russian text.

Thank you.

George

[Subject edited by staff or moderator 2007-07-23 19:25]

MGL
MGL  Identity Verified
Netherlands
Local time: 07:07
Russian to English
www.lib.ru Jul 23, 2007

This link is (allegedly) to "all" of Brodsky's poems. Found one called представление but not sure if that's the one you're looking for.

http://www.lib.ru/BRODSKIJ/brodsky_poetry.txt

egroeg
egroeg
English to French
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Brodsky Poem in Original Russian Jul 23, 2007

Thank you for the link. My wife will see it tonight and let me know if it is the poem she is looking for.

Meanwhile, if anyone else has a link, please let me know.

George

Olga Layer
Olga Layer
Local time: 02:07
Russian to English
+ ...
This is it Jul 23, 2007

The poem you are looking for is here:
http://sfi.r121.nthosting.ru/ar.asp?rubr_id=364&art_id=2745

It has a different title in Russian: "Сретенье".
"Представление" is about something quite different.

Hope this helps.

egroeg
egroeg
English to French
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Brodsky Poem in Original Russian Jul 23, 2007

Thank you. I recognize the poem now and my wife will be pleased.
George

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Can someone point me to Brodsky poem (Presentation (of Jesus in the Temple)) in original Russian?

Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »
Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »